Official 2.1 help! Please Read!

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by kmo97, May 11, 2010.

1. jimigood

jimigood New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine works good, but if your internet is slow go to market and get another browser. I don't know which ones are good. I'm using the stock browser. It works fine for me.

2. hackgt350

hackgt350 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have the leaked 2.1 how will i know when the update comes? will it just pop up on my main screen and say i have an update?

3. jimigood

jimigood New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will get a notification in the top bar on your phone. From all I have gathered they are taking a 24 hour break then starting to issue the update some more. Not sure if it is true or not tho.

4. denakisland

denakisland Member

Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, this is exciting! It is for software version 2.36.605.1 and I am currently running a leaked 2.26.605.4 and love it. The ONLY problem I have encountered is that my dial pad has been a little funky, but to be honest I only use the phone function of my phone about 10% of the total usage. lol
    I am excited about being able to access multiple google mail accounts through google mail since I like the features of that better than the regular mail box. And I'm hoping I'll be able to use my favorite app (calorie counter) again since that has been unavailable to me since I installed the leaked version. Better battery life will be nice as well, however I haven't had as much of an issue since I upgraded as when it was new. Or maybe I'm just used to it. Who knows!
    And the Turn-by-turn is totally worth it, almost all by itself. At least in my world, it is.
    Anyway, exciting news in the Eris world!

5. hackgt350

hackgt350 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    since i just got a replacement eris it came with 1.5 on it, i didnt bother upgrading to the leak since the update will be coming soon. im going nuts i cant stand it i want the upgrade now!

6. AndroidNoob

AndroidNoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.1 Help?!?!

I, like everyone else, was wondering when we would receive the 2.1 update. It finally came 2 nights ago and I downloaded it. The only thing that I can see different that I enjoy is double tapping the home button to see all of your home screens at once, and turning off the haptic feedback. What other differences are made to it?
    I also can't find any HTC clock widgets, HTC Calendar, Stock Messaging app, that allows my messages to be on a home screen and scrolled through with ease. Am I not looking in the right place (HTC Widgets after long pressing on an empty spot? Thanks for any info.

7. Kitkatkid

Kitkatkid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update 2.1 problem need help plz

I did the update last night and i synced all my contacts and signed into my facebook, twitter and stuff.
    before the update all my contacts were linked to facebook and showed their profile picture as their photo id. now it won't do it, and half of the contacts i have won't link to their facebook profiles.
    help please!

8. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. rizzet

rizzet New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Same thing with my wifes eris that just got the 2.1 update. Hopefully Facebook will fix it with an update.

10. Kitkatkid

Kitkatkid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i called HTC the guy had me sign in and out of facebook and it kinda helped he said "itll take 24 hours"

11. legalkill

legalkill Member

Ratings:
    +13
    2.1 weather widget error

After update the HTC weather widget apparently errors when trying to go to weather detail. Anyone else have this issue?

12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    2.1 Help

There have been several different 2.1 Eris help threads that have been made. I've merged them all into one thread. Please try and keep your help questions to this one thread. Thank you.

-hook
    Droid Forum Staff

13. smtgirl

smtgirl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    weather widget

My weather isn't working anymore either. It has the temperature on my screen but if I try to open it, it says there was an error and closes it.

14. BDH78

BDH78 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the OTA2.1 today about a couple of hours ago, its pretty neat with some of the new features like the pinch screen (i could play with it all day lol). But my one problem with it is my weather/clock widget is GONE. Normally when i would view my home screen i would see the weather and time and i could see the weeks forecast when i go into it, but now theirs nothing. I just want this widget back lol, its the one that is 4x2 and comes standard on the eris.

If you know how i can get it back and could help me i would be extremely happy!! THANKS

15. neoBigD

neoBigD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any that updated getting a repeating force close on android.process.media?

Search tags for this page

com.htc.bgp fix

how to fix htc.bgp error
htc.bgp force close verizon is my phone broken