NvFlash Blobs make your Original Nexus 7 virtually unbrickable!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
getbct-238x166.png

If you would like the safety net of having a device that is virtually unbrickable then you may want to consider generating nvflash blobs for your OG Nexus 7, or any of your other Asus Nvidia Tegra devices. Blob files can be used to get you out of ugly situations when you aren't able to boot recovery. Flatline creates blobs for the OG Nexus 7, Transformer Prime, TF300T, or TF700. A custom recovery image flashes a custom bootloader to create the appropriate blobs. Blobs can be retrieved from /tmp/androidroot. Rayman has created a guide which will walk you through the entire process. His guide is at the source link below.

I would highly encourage you to take the time to create the nvflash blobs for your device. Last year i flashed the wrong recovery to my Transformer Prime. This made my device unusable. It wouldn't boot android, and i couldn't even get it to boot a recovery, if I had created the blobs for nvflash I would have been able to save my Tprime. Instead I ended up selling it on ebay for scrap.

Via XDA

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I would love to know if these additions are usable on the WiFi version N7 as well.

I bought a Nexus 7 WiFi a week ago, and love it.
I used NRT to unlock the bootloader, but the rooting was a no-go for me, and I tried various ways to gain root, but each time, it failed, as all the root checkers indicated I was either unrooted, or I had root, but apps ike TB and RTB would indicate otherwise.

I would love a way to flash my version of the N7, even without the use of a cellphone module, the tablet is a great tool and has many applications even offline!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
This is impressive, hopefully it leads to breakthroughs in other devices as well.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I welcome any news of cracking open the veil of secrecy that prevails in the mobile device 'industry' especially the Android market.
I love getting my feet wet, but my N7 WiFi has me stymied over root access though, or I achieved root, but the apps I used (current) do not support the entire N7 platform or something is amiss.
I had busybox loaded, and upon opening, it stated I had root access, but when I installed TB, it failed and indicated root access was not granted, and the same when for rom Toolbox and Framaroot.
These all inidicated root access was not possible or unavailable.
So what gives with the Nexus 7 WiFi tablet?

I was able to unlock the bootloader, but not achieve root?

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
DSCF0881.JPG
Obviously, the bootloader is unlocked, but NO access to root.