Nexus 7 [KERNEL] Bricked Kernel

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
signature_small.png

n7.png

Want to make your Nexus 7 faster than your Transformer Prime?! Then you should seriously look into flashing the new Bricked Kernel to your Nex7. With this kernel you will be able to over clock your cpu to 1.6ghz. You install this kernel via twrp or cwm recovery. It includes an Aroma Installer so you will be able to set ip up how you want before you even boot up. No more need for oc apps. If you happen to not like the settings you just reflash the kernel and choose new settings. This also includes a highly modified ondemand governor, and NVIDIA's hotplug manager has been replaced with tegra_mpdecision for better battery life and performance.

Via Rootzwiki

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
It also seems to have some issues of devices not wanting to wake up when the screen is off and you try to bring it up...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I installed it last night and yes, it did give me a little better benchmark scores but I felt my N7 got a but slower. Stuff like Flipboard got slower. The sensitivity of the screen when touching went weird too. I had to 'touch harder' for it to recognize. I went back to Franco Kernel today.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offense to the dev or anything but their is no way i would ever install anything labeled as "bricked" to my devices. I would feel like an idiot if it did ruin my device, an i look ahead for things like that. Its one of those simple things that just sell me that its a no no to install.