now rooted how do i make a backup?

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
I did the one click root and now want to back up this rom. I downloaded Rom manager pro which i used to use with my droid1.
I flashed clockwork recovery and then backed up rom, all it does is reboot the phone I then checked backups and there is nothing there.... I remember when i backed up my OD it would reboot into recovery an i could see it backing up the rom. What am i doing wrong here?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Try reflashing recovery. Sometimes I had to do it twice on the OG.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Make sure that the nandroid is in the proper sdcard directory...if I remember right RomManager backs up to the sdcard, but then CWM looks for the nandroid in sdcard-ext.... if using bootstrap it makes the nandroid into sdcard-ext and looks for the nandroid in sdcard-ext...

OP
lithoman

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
Make sure that the nandroid is in the proper sdcard directory...if I remember right RomManager backs up to the sdcard, but then CWM looks for the nandroid in sdcard-ext.... if using bootstrap it makes the nandroid into sdcard-ext and looks for the nandroid in sdcard-ext...
How do i do that? Also what is bootstrap? where do i get it ? and is it needed to backup?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do i do that? Also what is bootstrap? where do i get it ? and is it needed to backup?

Bootstrap for the Bionic is in the Market and it is needed in order to boot into CWR. Could be wrong about this next part, but i seem to recall that you have to load CWR via the bootstrap app first and the update CWR via Rom Manager??

OP
lithoman

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
Bootstrap for the Bionic is in the Market and it is needed in order to boot into CWR. Could be wrong about this next part, but i seem to recall that you have to load CWR via the bootstrap app first and the update CWR via Rom Manager??
Go TIGERS.....i lived 30plus years in metairie and is the boot strap i need cost 2.99?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^No prob! That guy in the vid (DMX) is awesome. He has a video up for just about anything you could ever want to do. He had a Droid X and did the same thing for that phone and thats how I found him.

droidresha

Reaction score
ok, Droid X2 2.3.5. I have rooted with oneclick, debloated, and now want to do a nandroid before popping a new rom.
in rom manager I have flashed CWM Recovery, but when I do the backup it just reboots, and stored nothing anywhere I can find.
I reflashed 3 times and each time still nothing.
if I tell it to reboot into CWM Rec for manual management, it just reboots.
if I do this while holding both vol buttons, it shows the M dual core screen with starting RSD protocol support at top and then does nothing.
Can anyone help with this?