Not sure how many people know this

oopslolz

Reaction score
I've had my eris for about 2 weeks now and had a touch pro before that (terrible phone) and never knew that HTC's mini usb port accepts a standard mini usb. Makes it a lot easier for me to have multiple chargers (my room, living room, car, office) instead of having to have the dumb proprietary cable. The site I read it on had comments saying it was common knowledge but I'd never read it or seen it on here.

Just wanted to give you a headsup in case you didnt know

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
That is a nice feature instead of making you use an expensive cable only they make like other companies do.

CatsTide

Reaction score
is it a mini or micro? i think micro is becoming the standard.

refthemc

Reaction score
I've had my eris for about 2 weeks now and had a touch pro before that (terrible phone) and never knew that HTC's mini usb port accepts a standard mini usb. Makes it a lot easier for me to have multiple chargers (my room, living room, car, office) instead of having to have the dumb proprietary cable. The site I read it on had comments saying it was common knowledge but I'd never read it or seen it on here.

Just wanted to give you a headsup in case you didnt know

I know right, I thought I was the only one to get excited about this too lol, but ya I just use a $3 dollar car charger I bought for my old XV6900 (HTC Touch) instead of getting the $30 dollar Verizon one.

mikes

Reaction score
USB cables are cheap at monoprice.com. I got 7 USB cables (of different types) for <$15 with shipping. I carry a short microUSB with me, so the Droid can recharge from my laptop anytime.

hlaalu

Reaction score
wow this is awesome, i have so many chargers around from previous phones that i can now put to use!