1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

5 pin mini usb sync cable vs cable that came with htc eris

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by CanDroid, Dec 14, 2009.

1. CanDroid

CanDroid New Member

I have read that a standard 5 pin usb cable with connect to the eris and charge the phone and allow communication to the computer. However, will using the 5 pin usb cable re-align the pins on the phone after a while? or are they matched perfectly to align with no worries. I would hate to use a 5 pins and after a while the standard one that comes with it no longer works...can anybody comments on this? verizon wants 20 dollars for an extra one...way to much and I dont want to go hunting for one or pay for one on the net...
  2. steelydan

steelydan New Member

I have used one of the many mini USB cords in my house with no troubles.
  3. netforce87

netforce87 New Member

Yeah ive been using the mini that came with my harmony remote with no prob. And ive had devices mostly cameras with some funky looking 5 pins and never had a different cable warp my jack.
  4. 3nd0Man

3nd0Man New Member

I'm going to echo everyone else. Mini USB connector works fine for both connecting to computer and charging. I was relieved to discover this, since I already had a miniUSB car charger and had no desire to pay $20+ for another car charger.
Search tags for this page

4pins vs 5 pins usb android charging

5 pin usb schematic

how many usb pins are htc phone

htc droid eris standard usb cable

htc mini usb wire configuration

htc one synch cable pins

htc sync cable vs standard

htc thunderbolt charger cable pinout

is the usb charger that comes with a verizon s3 a five pin

pinout for 5pin usb

samsung galaxy charger cable usb diagram