Not getting "mount" option when hooking up usb connecttion.

Blkandrust

Reaction score
Could this be because I don't get cell reception @ home? I live in the middle of nowhere, when connectong phone to comp via usb cable I do not receive the mount option.do a need a cell signal in order to do this?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

Blkandrust

Reaction score
I don't believe so. The only notification I get is usb connection.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Alright try this: menu>applications>development>USB debugging. Make sure that box is checked. If not tap on it. Tap home then try to connect via USB. You should get a notification that USB debugging is on and another notification that you can tap on to connect to your computer. Tap on that, wait for a few seconds then it should tell you you are connected. To double check go to My Computer and look for "removable storage device". That's your phone. Good Luck and let me know if this works for you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B

Blkandrust

Reaction score
Thanks a ton,I really appreciate it.I will try this tonight and let you know how I make out. Thanks again.

OP
B

Blkandrust

Reaction score
Ok,I followed the instructions,turned on the usb debugging,recieved debugging notification.My comp recognized my phone and I uploaded pics from my phone to comp.Is this what you meant by a "notification that phone is connected"?I still am not seeing the mount option.When I tap on the usb connection my options are;PC mode,Windows media sync,USB mass storage and charge only.

OP
B

Blkandrust

Reaction score
UPDATE......That seems to have worked as my SD card is now showing 2GB of music now on it!!!Thanks again,greatly appreciated!!

Reaction score
You don't get a mount option with a D2, just an OG Droid. You want to choose USB Mass Storage. This makes your phone's SD card show up as an external drive, just like a flash drive or USB hard drive.