microSD umounts when USB is plugged in

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by razingkane, Aug 30, 2010.

1. razingkane

razingkane New Member

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]I have a 8gig microSD in the phone. When I see the microSD in menu, settings, SD Card & Phone settings the microSD card shows it's mounted. When I connect the Motorola USB cable from the phone to my laptop so I can sync up my eWallet app it says it cannot see the SD card.

I just discovered that when I connect the Motorola USB cable from the phone to the laptop the SD card un-mounts itself. When I remove the USB cable the microSD shows mounted. It worked once when I initially installed the eWallet app.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with......something?[/FONT]
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

That's the way it works. If you want to have access to the SD card on the device while plugged in, change it from USB mass storage to charge only.

The USB mass storage is for transferring files between the Droid and the PC.
  3. Barristro

Barristro New Member

Pretty sure that's how it works. If you want to keep the SD mounted, make sure that you select "charge only" for the connection type when you connect USB.
  4. razingkane

razingkane New Member

Barristro and pool_shark........thanks for the info.......it works as I need it to.
Search tags for this page

micro sd unmounts when plugged in usb