Noob Town population me! :D

Droidxnoob

Reaction score
So yeah new to this..... got my Phone rooted and now need help using it. Any links to tutorials would be swell.... Rooted GB 2.3.3 4.5.573 2.6.32.9 Kernel.
Rooted with Z4 and Bootstrap Have clockwork rom manager but have no clue how to use it.

Any and all help tips ideas or really funny jokes are appreciated!

AJ

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Before u rooted, did u do a little research on what these things did? Can u provide what type of device u are using and i can redirect this thread to the proper area?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe you are on a Droid X on the .573 Gingerbread leak. That leak is about 4 months old. The current one is .596.

SSX v2.0

OP
D

Droidxnoob

Reaction score
I believe you are on a Droid X on the .573 Gingerbread leak. That leak is about 4 months old. The current one is .596.

SSX v2.0

Correct sir. I couldn't get .596 to load right.... Eternal bootloop and it upset me so i went back one.

OP
D

Droidxnoob

Reaction score
Before u rooted, did u do a little research on what these things did? Can u provide what type of device u are using and i can redirect this thread to the proper area?

well I am on a droid x and this was my first post and my introduction. I did some research and had a buddy helping me out but he is currently unavailable. so now i am on my own and cant seem to find anything specific to what i am looking for. I wouldnt say this thread is in the wrong place its an intro for my machine and what i need help with from the forum as a whole.

anything helps though

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

SSX v2.0

Correct sir. I couldn't get .596 to load right.... Eternal bootloop and it upset me so i went back one.

The reason you couldn't get .596 to load right is because you didn't have the correct baseband and other files needed. You have to be on .588 or higher to install .596 over it.

You will need to sbf, then root and install the 2 part rooted .596 files.

SBF:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

.596 Rooted Files (you need the 2 part files):
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html

This section doesn't get a whole lot of exposure for tech help, that's why Hawaiian Princess was going to move it, so you could get more exposure.

SSX v2.0