Sad Face!!!!!

Reaction score
I just rooted my Droid X a couple weeks ago, I have tried to flash a couple different MIUI ROM's to no avail. I desperately want this rom. where can I get a stable MIUI rom for my phone preferable one that will allow me to continue wifi tehering. I am running, system version 4.5.605, android version 2.3.3, kernel 2.6.32.9-g34b306d. Yes, I am a NOOB....:frown: So any help will be very much appreciated...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums! What happened when you tried to flash the ROM that it did not work?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You mean when you are trying to flash it you are unable to locate the zip file on your phone? Did you move it there from your PC or did you download it directly to the phone?

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
I copied it from my pc, but when I open the ROM (in my pc)I looked in every file and I see no update.zip file. I have downloaded a couple different ROMs from Droidmodderx, looked through them for this update zip file and find none in any of the ROMs.

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
the zip file is there but after i flash the ROM zip file it prompts me to load update.zip file

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
Now that I think about it when I click on the zip file it says unable to read zipfile or something like that..I think I downloaded a Bad file..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Try downloading it again and then trying to flash it. This time make sure to pay attention to what the error message says.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Just sign back in and look at your subscribed threads. If you post in here again I will get an email alert about it.

And on a side note if you are not yet comfortable with the whole rooted phone/ROM flashing process it may be a good idea to slow it down a bit and take some time to read up on how to do it. Also, you will want to read on how to recover your phone if something goes wrong.

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
No I did not unzip it. Would it make a difference if the post said it was for .602 I have .605

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
well I have been researching for about 2 weeks. The first try I had to do a recovery and I used titanium back up. Turned out fine but I lost some minor stuff.