Sad Face!!!!!

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
I have watched lots and lots of YouTube vids.Would you recommend using ROM manger or flashing manually with droid 2 boot strapper

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Are you familiar with how to do a nandroid backup? Or how to SBF? Those are 2 very important things to know when involved in rooting and modding.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have watched lots and lots of YouTube vids.Would you recommend using ROM manger or flashing manually with droid 2 boot strapper

Hands down I recommend doing it manually. Besides much of the functionality does not work on the Droid X because of the locked bootloader.

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
I have not figured out nandroid back up. When I load boot strapper and create a system back up it shows a back up file in clockwork recovery but I can't find anything that says nandroid back up. As far as SBF I think I understand it but like I said I am a noob. SBFing is recovering your stock ROM and kernel right? And I need redline on my pc to do so. Am I close??

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
When you are in recovery and you perform the function to create a back up that is a nandroid. It will not be labeled that way but it is.

And when you SBF you are returning your phone to a complete factory state. You do need a PC and it requires a program known as RSD Lite. There should be a number of video guides out there to watch and learn from.

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
Thats what I meant RDS lite, I have seen some videos about it. AS far as the nandriod that makes sence why I could not find a file named nandroid..LOL Is a nandroid back up better than titanium.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I would not say better, just more complete. Titanium only backs up apps and settings where a nandroid back up is like making an exact copy of the current set up of your phone excluding anything on the SD card.

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
Thank you, I have had many questions floating around my head for a couple weeks now and you have been a huge help. I could not register for the forums on my PC cause the captcha was not showing so I had to register on my nieces old PC running vista, otherwise i would have been on here before I even tried my first flash. I am pretty confident, I am no techno geek but I am not an idiot either. I have been mad about not being able to get custom ROMs on my phone considering that is why I rooted it. I love the idea of free wifi tethering, although I have not used it really yet, lucky for me I have been with Verizon for awhile so I have been grandfathered in on the the unlimited data plan. I will get my poop in a group, try this again tomorrow and get back tomorrow night with my results. I have class so probably will be late like after 10 PM. Again thanks for your help...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem, I am happy to help out. And I will be around tomorrow night as well if you need any more assistance.

OP
Peaceful_Warrior
Reaction score
I meant to ask you, when I flask I know I wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache, am I suppose to wipe dalvic also and is there any specific oreder to do these...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I always do the reset then cache, although watching it run I believe cache gets wiped in the reset anyway. And I never wipe dalvik but it shouldn't hurt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk

Savagerun

Reaction score
Do them in the order you said and yes wipe davlik cache also. You'll have to select advanced to wipe davlik just in case you didn't know.
Edit... Ok i see jsm is back to help you...
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums