nomedia files

forensicsmd

Reaction score
Hi! When I try to transfer photo and video files from my Razr to my Windows-Vista-running desktop, I get a message asking me what program I want to use to open a .nomedia format file. And I have no idea what the answer to that question is...any help?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
.nomedia files are used to tell media players not to scan certain folders since they will contain "no media". They are NOT media files and you will get no audio from them. Ignore them.

OP
F

forensicsmd

Reaction score
Thanks, but....

COLOR=#666666].nomedia files are used to tell media players not to scan certain folders since they will contain "no media". They are NOT media files and you will get no audio from them. Ignore them.[

Maybe I have a bigger problem than I thought: I dragged my pictures folder from my droid to my desktop. I opened it and found one folder, "cache". I opened cache and found one folder, "com.google.android.googlephotos". Inside files are all .nomedia. Can someone help me find my pictures please?

P.S. @FoxCat: I like your avatar

OP
F

forensicsmd

Reaction score
Dcim

Ahh..I found my pictures, not in pictures, but in DCIM. Nevermind! (he says sheepishly)