No WiFi Tether - 12.10.2013 Verizon OTA Software Update

owwo

Reaction score
I was able to WiFi Tether using both the Hotspot Toggle Widget and with FoxFi. I would get an error message saying that I needed to have a Mobile Hotspot or Mobile Broadband Connect subscription, but I would just press the Home button (which would keep the mobile hotspot turned on) and tether away.

Fast forward to today...I installed the OTA software that VZW rolled out and proceeded to use the Hotspot Toggle Widget to WiFi tether my Note 3. The same error message popped up, but now when I press the home button, it doesn't work, i.e., the mobile hotspot turns off.

Anybody else coming across this problem after installing the latest OTA software update?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've seen reports on XDA of tether issues... Also seeing rooted users posting tether fix zip ...More info to come ..

N3 tapa

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
after taking the update to MJE i can no longer use the hotspot toggle hack or foxfi using wifi..i can get foxfi to usb tether though
i won't be updating my wife's note 3 until we can find a solution to this

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
after the update and trying everything including foxfi and pdanet on my computer i was abe to usb tether...then after a few reboots wifi tether started working..now it works great with foxfi but still no go using the wifi widget method as was used before the update...
so if you took the update i would suggest installing foxfi and rebooting until it works..