no removable memory?

MonKENy

Reaction score
Is that right? I cant add m ore memory? Is that Googles way of forcing cloud usage? I mean 32g is good but still.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No SD card slot. Correct. I've never come close to using the 32 GB even with all the ROM zips I have, but I sync my music and stuff through the cloud. I don't really have a problem with no expandable storage but I could see why some take issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well cloud usage seems to be the direction that all major companies are taking, and it is pretty convenient. Downside is you need internet, but then again where do you go now that doesn't have internet? Other than the middle of the road lol.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
MonKENy said:
not to mention that phones always have access.

Yup. But middle of nowhere like for me the drive down to Irvine I hit some dead spots. But since I have a dedicated MP3 player, I personally don't need all the space. In fact if there was a 16gb version for less I would've opted for that had it been released at launch

wcjeep

Reaction score
Yup. But middle of nowhere like for me the drive down to Irvine I hit some dead spots. But since I have a dedicated MP3 player, I personally don't need all the space. In fact if there was a 16gb version for less I would've opted for that had it been released at launch

Wilson Sleek 4g would remove most of your dead spots. I have a 3g and 4g Sleek. Expect -18db improvement +/-.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wcjeep said:
Wilson Sleek 4g would remove most of your dead spots. I have a 3g and 4g Sleek. Expect -18db improvement +/-.

What is it exactly a phone? Never heard of it.

I don't go socal much but in the few times I did go I did have some dead data spots.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
If you are a rooter, you could use USB OTG cable + something like stickmount to mount USB external storage. Of course this may not be an ideal solution, but just giving another option if you are really worried about lack of expandable storage.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C