Does the Nexus connect seamlessly to a PC ?

sownman

Reaction score
After buying my Droid X I found it would not communicate with my iMac. But since it had a removable mini SD chip I could insert that to the iMac to add music or retrieve photos. I was going to but a Nexus yesterday and asked about connectivity since I know it has no removable memory. The sales guy said it's fine when used with a PC. Is this true ????? Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Works fine and seamlessly with my PC, not sure about a Mac.

Another method would be AirDroid. You put your Nexus on the same wifi network and you can access your phone through your browser, via a specific IP address.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Nexus uses a different data transfer convention than most other devices. It uses mtp protocol rather than usb mass storage. Mtp is a windows specific protocol and it makes things a little more difficult when using mac or Linux.

http://i.downloadsquad.switched.com...helper-program-to-connect-to-android-3-0-tab/

That link has information about a program for macintosh that will make the mtp connection work. I used a similar program on my ubuntu machine and now connecting my Nexus works just fine. Oh and fyi the link mentions the xoom tablet but the same rules apply to the Nexus because they xoom also uses mtp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

sownman

Reaction score
Thanks guys, did better here with info than I got from the Verizon guy who is paid to help. His advice "get an iphone"Difficult since I don't know when 4g will be available, I know several droid aps I like, and my battery in the droid x is dying. Don't want to wait.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Nexus ia a great option right now. I would say go with it. Its my third android phone and I'm absolutely in love.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2