No Recovery mode

dmar1224

Reaction score
I am looking for help with recovery mode. I am rooted running cleanROM ICSE 2.3 and sense version 3.5. I downloaded CleanROM 4.5 and am trying flash but my phone will not let me arrow to recovery. The up and down volume does not move the menu and then it switches screens. This rom is starting go give me issues so either i need to find a way to load the new or return to stock. Would be thankful for some help!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have a file called PH98IMG.zip on your SD card? If not, reflash your recovery.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
Yes. I downloaded it from Scott's site when I downloaded the rom.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
PH98IMG.zip on your SD card will prevent you from entering recovery. Remove it from your SD and you should be able to get into recovery just fine.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
Outstanding! Thanks so much. Now to backup and try to load the rom.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
Ok MrSmith, the rom loaded well. Thank you.
I copied my SD card to my laptop and would like to send it back but the SD card is not recognized. I have selected 'mount SD' and nothing happens. I use HTC sync and the card is not found. Any ideas?
appreciate as always!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you didn't flash the ICS leak, then you need the "old firmware" patch. Otherwise you won't be able to see your SD or use wifi

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
I only flashed the CR 4.5 and do not know anything about 'an old patch'. You are right, no SD and no WiFi. Do you have a link to the patch and can it be downloaded without the sd recognized?
I also have PH98IMG.zip loaded in the same place i have the CR 4.5 but can't open it to flash boot.img. I am S-On and wonder if going S-off would help.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
Thanks....and you're right, this is a learning environment!
I am struggling this morning with bootloop for some reason so not sue if i can keep running long enough to load the patch.
thanks again.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks....and you're right, this is a learning environment!
I am struggling this morning with bootloop for some reason so not sue if i can keep running long enough to load the patch.
thanks again.

Bootloops won't effect your ability to use HBOOT or Recovery. They're usually caused by network problems. Try booting without your SIM and/or with the back cover off.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
ok, back off and sim out and found the file fix. Problem is it won't download without an SD and mind isn't recognized.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, back off and sim out and found the file fix. Problem is it won't download without an SD and mind isn't recognized.

Here's what you do. Download it on a PC. Reboot into Recovery(AmonRA), mount USB in AmonRa, transfer your file...and Bob's your uncle.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
Ok.....now getting ready to throw this thing!!
Pulled battery, rebooted and now it flys past recovery menu again. Can't access the SD like before the rom flash so can't find the PM.... file and remove it again.
Also didn't see AmonRA in my earlier recovery so must not have this file.
sorry to be a pain but this rooting and romming isn't for beginners....even with your tutorial.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok.....now getting ready to throw this thing!!
Pulled battery, rebooted and now it flys past recovery menu again. Can't access the SD like before the rom flash so can't find the PM.... file and remove it again.
Also didn't see AmonRA in my earlier recovery so must not have this file.
sorry to be a pain but this rooting and romming isn't for beginners....even with your tutorial.

No worries. You still have the PH98IMG.zip on your SD, that's why it's flying by. Do you have a spare SD that you can pop in for the time being? If so, put in the spare then follow the other steps. After you flash the patch, then swap the SD's back.