1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with my rooted Rezound that now it keeps on looping and drains the battery

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by matovello, Nov 5, 2012.

1. matovello

matovello New Member

Hello all;
    I don't know what to do. I wonder if any of you can really help me. I hope i did not brick my phone. I had a rooted phone with cleanrom ICSE 3.6 it all worked perfect until yesterday. The phone goes into an infinite loop, it shuts it self off and then it turns on. What can I do. How would i go about starting again from the beginning. after rooting the phone. what do i do next do i have to flash the boot.img again i wonder if I do everything over will it fix the problem. Please help, I'm really new at this so please consider writing in idiot proof language hehehe.
  2. Snoking

Snoking New Member

Try booting it without the back cover or cover and sim card. Then check that it is in cdma or lte. If not that is your problem. Change the setting and then try it. Chris
  3. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

You could also relock and then flash the current RUU... Make sure to RELOCK!!! or you can permanently brick!!!
  4. matovello

matovello New Member

i tried without the back cover i tried the removing of the sim, I'm getting frustrated. it keeps on looping i occasionallly able to call and it works. it is weird don't know what to do.
  5. matovello

matovello New Member

how do i relock
  6. matovello

matovello New Member

7. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Boot into hboot and use ADB to issue the command "fastboot oem lock", then reboot into hboot and make sure is says "Re-locked"... then go through the instructions on the above link you posted that will take you back to Verizon official stock, or use this one: [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound which is the current global mode leak.

Note that if you are S-OFF, meaning you did the "wire trick", you don't need to relock.
  8. matovello

matovello New Member

I'm curious to know what would make my phone work again. i tried so many things. do you think starting again from scratch will help
  9. matovello

matovello New Member

phone boots up and everything seems to work for 1 min and then it shuts it self off
  10. matovello

matovello New Member

finally got my phone to say relocked and when i try to update the new ruu it says main verison is older update fail what does it mean
  11. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

It most likely means you were running a ROM that was based on the 4.3.605.2 leaked firmware, without going S-OFF the only thing you can do is is flash the 4.3.605.2 Global Mode RUU leak I linked above, the 3.14 version won't work.

I am not saying this will fix your problem, but installing it should put you at a "known state" of a good software load, so then you can determine if the issue is hardware is software.
  12. matovello

matovello New Member

i ran the command fastboot oem lock and now i get relocked, but when i try to boot the phone with the 4.3.605.2 firmware it doesn't do anything it keeps on saying no image or wrong image and to press power to continue but when i press power it takes me to bootloader. all i can do now is get to bootloader, but nothing else. what should i do next
  13. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Verify the file is on the root of the SD card and it is named exactly "PH98IMG.zip", case-sensitive, and beware the Windows "double zip" issue because it sometimes hides extensions and if you add a .zip to the file the phone will see it as .zip.zip and fail. I know it works, done it several times. You are really close, don't worry, it will get there...
  14. matovello

matovello New Member

ok so now it started the update, but somehow the phone shut off in the middle of the update. now it says tampered and relocked right below it what does it mean
  15. matovello

matovello New Member

my rezound went to rezound heaven. but i just got a new one recertified from verizon. what can i do to it so i can teather and can i install ics or what is the best rom in your opinion
  16. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Hmmm... I have flashed many a Rezound with the RUU and never had a problem, several reboots are normal but I guess if it dies, it died...

Stock and rooted is the best way to go in my opinion, then use Wireless Tether. If I was going to go to a ROM it would probably be ViperRez 1.0.3 or Newts OnE XxX RLS 5.1.1, if you are into an AOSP ROM I have heard good things about (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ v1.9 LINARO!. But to be honest, HowardZ or one of the other members here might be able to give a better recommendation, I haven't really done anything with custom ROMs on the Rezound.
  17. matovello

matovello New Member

ok thank thank you for your recommendation, but i'm really a newbie, what is stock and rooted. what are the steps i would need to take thanks for the advise
  18. matovello

matovello New Member

If i root my new rezound will i get better battery life also does anyone have the latest link to the process i am going to try stock and rooted as you and mrsmith advised
    i am on
    android version 4.0.3
    htc sence version
    software number
    3.14.605.12.710RD
    kernel version
    3.0.12-gd0049f1
    htc-kernel@u18000-build-144 #1
    baseband version
    1.22.0.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r
    bulld number
    3.14.605.12 cl372320 release-keys
    browser version
    webkid/534.30
    pri version
    1.16_002, 2.10_002
    prl version
    eri version

is this all up to date i press software update and it says everything is up to date.
    please advise i want to start this process and finish before this weekend starts, thanks in advance
  19. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

This is a common misconception of rooting, but the answer is no, rooting by itself will not give you better battery life. The only thing rooting really does is gives you and applications read-write access to the parts of the file system that you cannot normally access by calling a program called 'su' (which incidentally is short for Switch User, not superuser) that is part of the SuperUser or SuperSU package. What this does allow though is for you to remove bloat stuff that can be draining the battery, although in ICS it isn't necessary to do anymore just for that in most cases, since stuff can be disabled natively.

Rooting the Rezound can give you other benefits though, like being able to remove HTCLinkifyDispatcher... remember being able to open YouTube links in the YouTube app? Well, clean that out and you can again! There are a ton of other things root can give you as well, search in the Play Store for "root" and you will find a bunch of apps that can use root access to stuff you didn't think was possible.
  20. matovello

matovello New Member

thanks ace, i see in your phone you posted that you have a rezound. i guess you are running stock and rooted as you previously advised. what else did you do to yours? and do you have the latest link to do the rooting thanks in advance an i also wonder what mrsmith used to have on his before he switched over to the galaxy
Search tags for this page
boot loop rooted rezound
hboot version is older update fail htc rezound#gsc.tab
hboot version is older update fail rezound
hboot version is older update failed rezound
how to root htc rezound build 3.14.605.12

htc rezound eri problem

htc rezound global update fail main version older

is htc linkify dispatcher used to hack my phone
keep rooted rezound from updating
rezoyed prox sensor calibator will work on samsung

root htc rezound battery