Help with my rooted Rezound that now it keeps on looping and drains the battery

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hmmm... I have flashed many a Rezound with the RUU and never had a problem, several reboots are normal but I guess if it dies, it died...

Stock and rooted is the best way to go in my opinion, then use Wireless Tether. If I was going to go to a ROM it would probably be ViperRez 1.0.3 or Newts OnE XxX RLS 5.1.1, if you are into an AOSP ROM I have heard good things about (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ v1.9 LINARO!. But to be honest, HowardZ or one of the other members here might be able to give a better recommendation, I haven't really done anything with custom ROMs on the Rezound.

OP
M

matovello

Reaction score
ok thank thank you for your recommendation, but i'm really a newbie, what is stock and rooted. what are the steps i would need to take thanks for the advise

OP
M

matovello

Reaction score
If i root my new rezound will i get better battery life also does anyone have the latest link to the process i am going to try stock and rooted as you and mrsmith advised
i am on
android version 4.0.3
htc sence version
software number
3.14.605.12.710RD
kernel version
3.0.12-gd0049f1
htc-kernel@u18000-build-144 #1
baseband version
1.22.0.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r
bulld number
3.14.605.12 cl372320 release-keys
browser version
webkid/534.30
pri version
1.16_002, 2.10_002
prl version
eri version

is this all up to date i press software update and it says everything is up to date.
please advise i want to start this process and finish before this weekend starts, thanks in advance

acejavelin

Reaction score
This is a common misconception of rooting, but the answer is no, rooting by itself will not give you better battery life. The only thing rooting really does is gives you and applications read-write access to the parts of the file system that you cannot normally access by calling a program called 'su' (which incidentally is short for Switch User, not superuser) that is part of the SuperUser or SuperSU package. What this does allow though is for you to remove bloat stuff that can be draining the battery, although in ICS it isn't necessary to do anymore just for that in most cases, since stuff can be disabled natively.

Rooting the Rezound can give you other benefits though, like being able to remove HTCLinkifyDispatcher... remember being able to open YouTube links in the YouTube app? Well, clean that out and you can again! There are a ton of other things root can give you as well, search in the Play Store for "root" and you will find a bunch of apps that can use root access to stuff you didn't think was possible.

OP
M

matovello

Reaction score
thanks ace, i see in your phone you posted that you have a rezound. i guess you are running stock and rooted as you previously advised. what else did you do to yours? and do you have the latest link to do the rooting thanks in advance an i also wonder what mrsmith used to have on his before he switched over to the galaxy

acejavelin

Reaction score
thanks ace, i see in your phone you posted that you have a rezound. i guess you are running stock and rooted as you previously advised. what else did you do to yours? and do you have the latest link to do the rooting thanks in advance an i also wonder what mrsmith used to have on his before he switched over to the galaxy
Currently I have TWO Rezounds, one is my work phone that is non-rooted/bone stock 3.14.605.12 with almost everything disabled that isn't work related (Meaning basic call and messaging apps, Exchange services, Maps, Chrome, and some network tools and WiFi Analyzers, just about everything else is disabled), the battery life is exceptional and I can usually make it through two full days with no problems. My personal phone is also a Rezound running the 4.3.605.2 Global Mode RUU, currently it is not rooted but only because I had to get an insurance replacement a week or two ago because of a broken display and haven't taken the time to do it again, but my previous one had been rooted since it got out of the "buyer's remorse" window. As far as other stuff goes, Amon Ra recovery, SuperSU, Ultimate Backup (had issues with TiBu), Chad0989's Rezound Prox Sensor Calibrator, stripped out HTCLinkifyDispatcher, Wireless Tether, CacheMate, Terminal Emulator, and ES File Manager in Root mode plus I don't know how many other misc stuff I have tried, that is just off the top of my head... I also had this app where you could just shake the phone to do a screen shot but I can't seem to find it right now.