No LED Light for video mode?

Droid1610

Reaction score
wow I just went to take a short video on my droid and it was kinda dark so i thought ok ill turn the light on and use it to brighten it up... well no where in the carmera menu or settings do I see a way to turn this on. If you cant its rediculous because my old LG Dare could do this and that was a "dumb" phone.

I dont mean to rant because I love this phone and I havent really found anything worth ranting about but man this sucks and I guess im just a little mad that I couldnt record what I wanted.

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
I have that app and after i started thinking I just went into the mototorch and turned it on and then launched the camera and sure enough it worked pretty well. my biggest issue is that is a rather long process to get some extra light and I still would have missed what I wanted to record... ill end my rant but I'll also say hey verizon lets add something like this to an update.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have that app and after i started thinking I just went into the mototorch and turned it on and then launched the camera and sure enough it worked pretty well. my biggest issue is that is a rather long process to get some extra light and I still would have missed what I wanted to record... ill end my rant but I'll also say hey verizon lets add something like this to an update.

you can add moto torch as a widget that makes it much simpler to get a light with your video. if you have moto torch installed already the widget will be in your list already.

all the widget does is turn on and turn off the light.

synctek

Reaction score
MotoTorch, DroidLight (by Motorola), LED Flashlight are 3 that I have right now. They all work with the Video camera, just turn them on first, then press and hold the snapshot button to enter camera mode. The bad part is the apps do not take full advantage of the potential those dual-led's offer. They are much brighter in flash mode but they will work.

romeov

Reaction score
Yes, all those apps will keep the led on, although it makes no difference, the video recording is absolutely useless in low light. I passed two cops with their full blazing lights flashing, it nearly blinded me looking at it.. my Droid screen? it looked like a tiny red blue and white Christmas light from 100 feet away. The LED would have to be the size of a spotlight to make any real effect outside of a few inches.