No data push

billjohnson

Reaction score
Not sure what to say man I get my GMails and Corporate email just fine....But what I was trying to say is if the Outlook receives the message first then it's deleting it off the server to where the phone doesn't have anything to download....You dig? :)

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Personally I think it's a conspiracy to get me to use Gmail ;-)

sandman1987

Reaction score
I'm having an issue as well getting my email to push. I have two Yahoo accounts, a Corporate Sync account, and my Gmail account. Gmail seems to push emails just fine. I do not get any of my messages from the other 3 accounts though. If I open each one and click menu --> Refresh then I get all my unread emails. For some reason though it will not push them to the phone.

My settings are: Data Push is checked, Fetch schedule is set at Every 15 minutes, and Sync over Wi-Fi only is UNchecked on all three accounts.

Anyone have any ideas??

gibbynd

Reaction score
push email

I was having the same problem with my corporate sync email. My contacts and calendar were syncing just fine. I went to Verizon and they called the tier 2 support for me. I spoke with them and they saw that there was a problem with some technical data between the server and towers causing my problem. They reset some information on their end and I have not had a problem since.

billjohnson

Reaction score
I'm having an issue as well getting my email to push. I have two Yahoo accounts, a Corporate Sync account, and my Gmail account. Gmail seems to push emails just fine. I do not get any of my messages from the other 3 accounts though. If I open each one and click menu --> Refresh then I get all my unread emails. For some reason though it will not push them to the phone.

My settings are: Data Push is checked, Fetch schedule is set at Every 15 minutes, and Sync over Wi-Fi only is UNchecked on all three accounts.

Anyone have any ideas??

That's weird man. Might be an issue with your local Verizon carrier servers...

mirswrith

Reaction score
spoke with verizon

I have the same issues since I switched from my blackberry to the droid x. basically the tier 2 verizon person indicated that the droid x does not support push email other than the big corporate microsoft server style stuff or with gmail (go figure).

I am still not sure why the droid x has not had that feature built in like the crackberry. that piece of crap phone could do it ... why not make the droid x similar in that fashion to truly destroy the competition.

my 2 cents

fx4guy

Reaction score
I have same issue with the X. Between the darn thing needing to plugged in all the time and some of the simple things my storm did that this phone can't do I might bring it back and get the storm 2. Sorry droid but you make a better toy then business phone. You have great apps and games. But having to have this thing plugged in all the time really sucks. My storm could go 3days without needing to charge. My droid X makes it 4 hours before I get a plug in warning. Just my .02 from my first week of owing this thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App