No d-pad/ ball?

hendrix

Reaction score
Does this thing have no type of d-pad / trackball? How am I going to play replica island?

OP
H

hendrix

Reaction score
arrows on the soft keyboard? Not sure i would want the soft keyboard taking up half of my screen while trying to play a game...

ken.gentry

Reaction score
The only time I really needed the D pad was for traversing objects on an HTML page. Pages that use DIVs for a pull-down menu effect don't seem to behave well with just a touch screen.

Any other apps that would suffer greatly without a D pad?

OP
H

hendrix

Reaction score
Replica Island is my biggest concern, haha

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only time I really needed the D pad was for traversing objects on an HTML page. Pages that use DIVs for a pull-down menu effect don't seem to behave well with just a touch screen.

Any other apps that would suffer greatly without a D pad?

Console emulators, IMHO. An on-screen d-pad just eats up too much screen real estate.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does this thing have no type of d-pad / trackball? How am I going to play replica island?

humm never thought of that. dont play much games but i can see how tat would be a problem for gamers

Droidfish

Reaction score
Definitely my main reason in needing the keyboard. The CPS2HD emu has a nice on screen option in which the D-pad and buttons are mostly transparent but the keyboard option is still better. Definitely something to consider when updgrading. I get a lot of use out of emulators on my phone (and my computer... and my psp...) so I'll be holding out until a good droid phone with a keyboard comes out.