Kage

Reaction score
How Often Have You Used This D-pad?

I can remember only twice.

daddyd302

Reaction score

I open up the keyboard once in a while to look at it, but never used it except when first signing onto Google on the phone. Thanks to the iphone, I have adapted to the virtual keyboard and prefer it over the real one. The D-pad is another story, I play with it for the hell of it, but I don't use it ever.

OP
K

Kage

Reaction score

I open up the keyboard once in a while to look at it, but never used it except when first signing onto Google on the phone. Thanks to the iphone, I have adapted to the virtual keyboard and prefer it over the real one. The D-pad is another story, I play with it for the hell of it, but I don't use it ever.

I actually use the Physical keyboard more then the Virtual.
In the beginning i liked the choice, and eventually started using the physical more.

It's one of the main reasons the phone stood out to me in the first place.
Although i wish they had removed the D-pad for a slightly bigger keyboard,

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Whenever I use the physical keyboard. Which is just about never.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
im old school i always use the physical keyboard and the D pad. once in a while i use virtual but it's too easy to touch something by accident and have it register. i need more practice i guess.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
A few times...Why does it bother you so much?

Reaction score
A few times...Why does it bother you so much?

I'm assuming the people that don't use the physical keyboard much might have wished there was more space on the keyboard and could have gone without the dpad, and maybe they would use the physical keyboard then.

I really don't see the big deal, because I have huge hands (read: fat) and I can type just fine on it. I make almost the same amount of mistakes as I did on my LG Voyager, which had a much bigger keyboard. Just takes time to get used to things.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I rarely use the keypad much less the dpad... I use the keyboard when I want to put in alot of numbers or fix long emails. Other than that I really dont.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have used it for playing games with NESOID. Works okay for that. That is about it.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I use it daily. I thought the virtual keyboard with swype was going to replace the hardware keyboard for me, but it didn't. I still use the physical keyboard predominantly. d-pad it VERY nice for placing the cursor where I need it.

thenewmalcolm

Reaction score
I use it daily. I thought the virtual keyboard with swype was going to replace the hardware keyboard for me, but it didn't. I still use the physical keyboard predominantly. d-pad it VERY nice for placing the cursor where I need it.

I also use it daily. Definitely cursor friendly.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I use both the physical keyboard and the d-pad daily. +1 good for games and +1 need it for typos. For those of us who don't send emails and texts full of typos... how on earth could anyone send anything without a d-pad? My last phone had an optical mouse and I still found it very frustrating to put the cursor where I wanted it. With this phone it's as easy as on a computer.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Swype is starting to replace the physical keyboard for me, but I use the D Pad all the time for cursor moves as well as on the web. With this screen, there's nothing like looking at a page not blown up and using it to go to the next link.

Either way, isn't having the option, the best option?

thelion

Reaction score
I don't use the Dpad because I don't use the keyboard. I actually cannot use the keyboard because it is so far to the left and I have tiny little five year old hands that cannot stretch that far :) It makes for uncomfortable typing so I just use the virtual.