Honestly

sc4fpse

Reaction score
I've become pretty accurate in my typing with the physical keyboard, so I only occasionally have to use the d-pad. But when I do, it is very convenient for fixing mistakes.

Also, there's always that link on a webpage that is small enough that you hit another link instead. Why bother zooming in when you can use the d-pad to move the focus to that link and click it? :)

Silver Member
Reaction score
the d-pad is really useful for things like alt-left to highlight the entire line or alt-right to go to the end of the line or alt-up to go to the top of a page or alt-down to go to the bottom.

i primarily use mine for games but it's really hand for filling out web forms when enter doesn't work and/or the fields are too small to touch.

hughesjr

Reaction score
I use the DPAD all the time. I use connectbot to connect to the OS and also use it to connect to several Linux machines to do administration. The DPAD is the arrow keys ... could not do much of any CLI things without that.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
i use it daily... for nesoid.

if i didn't have nesoid i wouldnt use it.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I use the D-pad for a few things. I do like it for cursor placement, works very nice, because touching the screen to highlight a text field doesn't always work for me.

It also works for a couple of games that I have.

yamaha83

Reaction score
i could live without it! but i bought the phone knowing that i would never use it... im just happy that the phone is still thin and a good size even though it has the keyboard! otherwise i would have thought a little harder before getting it...