Can you make "recent calls" tab default screen rather than the dial pad tab?

New Daddy

Reaction score
Can you make "recent calls" tab the default screen rather than the dial pad tab?
For me, chances are that I'd call someone that I've recently called or talked to.
I rarely use the dial pad anyway. I don't use the dial pad tab as often as the contacts tab.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you tap the phone shortcut. Go to the recent calls list. Once you back out the next time you tap on the phone shortcut it will take you to recent calls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
N

New Daddy

Reaction score
When you tap the phone shortcut. Go to the recent calls list. Once you back out the next time you tap on the phone shortcut it will take you to recent calls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm guessing the behavior is device-specific, because with my Droid 4, it doesn't work that way. The phone shortcut still puts me back to the dialer tab (the first tab from the left in Droid 4).

deputc26

Reaction score
If you stick with touchwiz (gs3) an app called xshortcut will do it as will an app called manual intent shortcut, I just spent way to long trying to make this work on the gf's phone.

jklein74

Reaction score
DialerOne

If you stick with touchwiz (gs3) an app called xshortcut will do it as will an app called manual intent shortcut, I just spent way to long trying to make this work on the gf's phone.

I usually use an app called DialerOne. It'll allow you to do this, and its great. Tons of options. The newer Jelly Bean dialer is much better than it used to be, where this app was a requirement...but sometimes you still need something better.

tomylin

Reaction score
Can you make "recent calls" tab the default screen rather than the dial pad tab?
For me, chances are that I'd call someone that I've recently called or talked to.
I rarely use the dial pad anyway. I don't use the dial pad tab as often as the contacts tab.

0 down vote

You can use an app called xshortcut (in Google Play)

Follow the following steps:

Install xshortcut 2.0.x
Open xshortcut's Editor.
Switch to Component page

Use the following data to create the shortcut you want.

Component Package: com.android.contacts

Component Class: com.android.contacts.activities.DialtactsActivity

MIME Type: vnd.android.cursor.dir/calls

apdroid

Reaction score
My S5 doesn't remember I was on Recent Calls previously

When I tap the Phone shortcut, it takes me to the dial pad even if I was in Recent Calls previously. Yet, a friend with the same phone doesn't have this problem and is just using her phone in its default mode with no special apps. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!