[NHL] Let's get this discussion started.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Yeah, really surprised we won... beat Canada at their own game. Made even sweeter that one of my Red Wings scored 2 of the goals :)

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
Sabres fan here... my wife and I were going nuts Sunday night! The whole world is now finding out what we have known since he played in the AHL: Its Miller Time!!

OP
M

Matth3w

Canada was simply a poorly designed team. You can tell because initially Iginla was on the fourth line...they don't have a good setup. You can't just put a group of all stars together against a well put together skilled team with a good goalie. It's one thing to steam roll a crappy team, but anything above average and it seems like Canada is basically rolling 4 #1 lines.

jbernard703

Reaction score
The Great 8 is the man. I am a casual hockey fan who lives in Northern Va. and the Caps have turned a non-hockey town into fans. Crosby is a baby, Malkin is a beast and I have nothing but praise for him. But seriously, everyone knows Caps are taking the cup this year.

OP
M

Matth3w

Caps won't win the cup with their current goaltending.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Canada was simply a poorly designed team. You can tell because initially Iginla was on the fourth line...they don't have a good setup. You can't just put a group of all stars together against a well put together skilled team with a good goalie. It's one thing to steam roll a crappy team, but anything above average and it seems like Canada is basically rolling 4 #1 lines.
Tell that to Russia right now :)

and actually everyone they've played, minus USA.

djh074

Reaction score
Tell that to Russia right now :)

and actually everyone they've played, minus USA.

agreed. the fact that Iginla was on the fourth line just shows the depth of that team. i am NOT a Canada hockey fan, but they looked amazing tonight. of course, Russians are usually known for their offensive skills not defense. i think Canada had something to prove tonight after the loss to USA.

OP
M

Matth3w

Honestly, outside of maybe the first period last night was not Canada is awesome and better than Russia, it was Russia came out flat and their coach made a very poor decision to keep Nabakov in goal after he was absolutely pelted with shots in the first period and gave up a bunch of goals.

Frankly, Luongo looked sloppy and lost, and the Canadians got quite sloppy after they gained a lead.

Russia just completely sucked last night. Doesn't mean they have a crappy team, but they definitely had a bad game. And they got horrendous goaltending from Nabakov.

Oh, and add this to the collection of Sid vs. Ovechkin photos:

97034499-430x296.jpg

MJ5150

Reaction score
Hey sweet, a hockey thread. Penguin fan here! I was born in central Pennsylvania. I didn't really start following hockey until the 90's. Right when the Pens started winning.

I travel for my job a lot, so during hockey season I get to a bunch of games as I travel the country. I have been to about 10 different hockey arenas so far.

Currently, I have been making the 4-5 hour commute to watch the Olympic game. I have been to five so far.

-Mike

OP
M

Matth3w

One more thing Crosby has that Ovechkin doesn't.

loop4zil

Reaction score
What a fantastic Olympic tournament. I may actually tune in a game (is it game or match?) or two. I have been looking for something to tied me over between Football and march madness.