1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

NFL Mobile

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by missrachel, Oct 2, 2011.

1. missrachel

missrachel New Member

So, earlier this afternoon I was watching NFL RedZone on my NFL Mobile app just fine, but now all of a sudden it's prompting me to pay for VCAST to watch live. I thought NFL Mobile was FREE all season for 4G phones? Anyone know what the heck is going on?!? :p
  2. skiggs

skiggs New Member

Getting the same issue... i thought it was free for the bionic all season???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

The app is still free but the videos and games require a subscription to the Verizon video service, which is 10 per month. (Which to me really does not seem to be free)
  4. missrachel

missrachel New Member

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > NFL Mobile > Clear Data.

This worked for me - kinda reset the app but now I am able to watch NFL Redzone live again...

I've read different things on various forums - some say that upon calling Verizon they told them to go ahead and subscribe to the $10/mo VCAST plan, but their account would be credited or somehow not charged because NFL Mobile is in fact free all season for 4G devices.

View attachment 40963
  5. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

I just checked it and it worked fine.
    I've watched a few mins of every sunday night game so far.

not sure why you guys are having issues
  6. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

Same thing for me. Got the "must subscribe to vcast to watch." I did clear cache/data and its working.

I had talked to vzw about this the other day. Initially I was told I had to subscribe to vcast but when I pressed her on it, that that is not exactly free and very misleading, she put me on hold to verify. When she came back she said she found out that all 4g devices would get it free for the season and vcast was not necessary to get it.

7. nitrap

nitrap New Member

I actually dropped VCAST Video on Wednesday after I found out NFL Mobile was free all season to 4G customers. Figured I would save a few bucks then reactivate it when the promo is over. NFL Mobile is still working fine.
  8. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Member

Same here. Clearing data worked for me too.
  9. Tegamal

Tegamal New Member

Clearing data worked here too, but how do you clear the data on the Samsung Continuum? Damn phone's settings are completely different from every other phone.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  10. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Works fine for me but I don't really see how useful it is. I guess I'm going to have to try it out next Sunday.

11. sharkattack99

sharkattack99 New Member

Works fine for me quality sucks but works just watched some if the game jets getting there butts kicked lol

12. Cinoib

Cinoib New Member

I have the droid bionic. I was watching the Red Zone about 11:00 MST Sunday. Then, went to watch it in the afternoon and boom... there's the '...you have to subscribe..." message. I called Verizon, got through the multiple promps and finally got to talk to flesh and blood only to get a fix that lasted ten minutes. I went thru the whole process again (totally gave up watching the game (Cards vs NY) and finally was told by a rep to subscribe to Vcast. In the mean time, I just basically figured I'd do the $10 thing to get through the game and then undo the subscription. Now I find that I kind of like the Vcast video thing (TV episodes). Anyway, I'm told by a rep that I will indeed be refunded the $10 on my next statement. Now here's the funny thing... I'm rooted and did the SqLite hack for tether. It works (near as I know 'cause the rep said nothing about the 5 gigs i've used so far) but I was told by the rep that the $30 subscription to tether applies to tether connection. I thought the tether was limited to 2 or 5 gigs which ever you purchase. I'm grandfathered in for unlimited. I went ahead and subscribed (for now...) to 'unlimited tether' (even though the SqLite hack is working...) because I don't want to take a chance of loosing grandfather. Anyone out there know if this rep I spoke with (Brian - South Carolina) misspoke? Is tether unlimited as long as I am grandfathered??
  13. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Yeah, the $30 unlimited tether thing is unlimited. For grandfathered data plans only

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  14. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

REDZONE channel is awesome! Seriously could be my favorite channel, even if it is only available during the season. I subscribed to it at home last year after getting a free weekend, and I was hooked. Now the only game that I actually watch the full game is when I'm watching the Pats, and even then RZ is on the other tuner of my Tivo. :) They don't play commercials, it is a continuous feed of football from the kickoff of the 1st 1pm game to the end of the last 4pm game, and then they will give you a recap of every touchdown from that day.

oh and I watched it for at least an hour yesterday on my phone w/o any issues (except the screen got pretty hot after a while), and the quality over 4G is amazing, those of you w/ issues must not have a good signal.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  15. Crazed_Z06

Crazed_Z06 New Member

I called and tried to press them to, but i couldnt find anything from Verizon that actually says the premium content was free for the season. I found the press releases that were posted on Droid Life and sites like that stating that the premium content was free, but nothing on Verizon's site.

The Verizon rep insisted the app was free and the extra content required VCast... She pointed me to this site:
    Verizon and NFL Mobile: Take the NFL Action with You.
    I dunno.. I gave up because I had nothing official to back up my argument
  16. mrredskin

mrredskin New Member

i listened to it for a good portion of the late games on Sunday when i was outside watering the grass. only issue i had was having to press "continue" after about 10 minutes of inactivity on it. hella nice to have when you're on the road.
  17. Mullensbb

Mullensbb Banned

wow people do not read. I have gone over this so many times in numerous posts about wireless tethering

18. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

As of this past monday Im still getting the NFL app with video and game streaming. If I close the app and re-open I get the "you must subscribe to v-cast" message. So I exit, clear the cache/data and it works again.
  19. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

If it's in your budget, get a slingbox and watch all your home channels on your phone. No monthly fees.. No hassles of an app. But on the other hand, the app should work right, and not require all the extra clearing of cache etc that people are having to do to use the app.
  20. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Or they just missed your posts, it happens.
Search tags for this page
delete nfl mobile

droid bionic boost mobile

get nfl mobile free on droid bionic
get nfl mobile on droid bionic
nexus 10 nfl red zone

nfl mobile

nfl mobile for rooted phone
nfl red zone for rooted droid phones

nfl redzone metro pcs

sqlite editor android nfl mobile

sqlite nfl mobile