Need help with HDMI Out for NFL Mobile

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm on ics. Don't have the cord yet but I figured all you had to do was plug it in...what's the point of the HDMI port if it doesn't work like that?

It does for the most part, but certain apps (like NFL, Hulu, and HBO Go) disable it. Cause, you know you're going to pirate the stuff :crazy:

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Well that kinda pisses me off. My cord is coming in the mail and now I have to hold my phone to watch Monday and Thursday nights? At least my badass antenna get local channels for Sunday games...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well that kinda pisses me off. My cord is coming in the mail and now I have to hold my phone to watch Monday and Thursday nights? At least my badass antenna get local channels for Sunday games...

I agree. Considering you have to pay for the aforementioned services it's ridiculous that you can't watch them they way you want.

mdsd77

Reaction score
talked with Verizon wireless and they said you should be able to watch on any android tablet...........

umm so they do not even know what it plays on and what is blocked...

evidently from my research, it says if you try and use an output from your phone it will disable the app..for the output

so maybe this cotton candy thing by FXi or the new android UG802 may be the end save...
UG802 Android PC-on-a-stick has a $69 price tag | TG Dailyut it appears someones phone does output it?

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Is there another way to put xternal display on my bionic, or does it not work in ICS? I get an error when installing saying missing shared library

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
rocketsaucev2 said:
Is there another way to put xternal display on my bionic, or does it not work in ICS? I get an error when installing saying missing shared library

There is no way. Unless you want to take the source code (which is available) and modify it to work.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums

Reaction score
They did this on purpose so people would not be putting it on big screens and neglecting their cable services, which is where they get most of their money from, would be too easy to only have to pay 5$ a month for the only Channel a lot of us watch, right? Read this awhile back, it is coded that way, like the other poster wrote... Sucks....

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
They did this on purpose so people would not be putting it on big screens and neglecting their cable services, which is where they get most of their money from, would be too easy to only have to pay 5$ a month for the only Channel a lot of us watch, right? Read this awhile back, it is coded that way, like the other poster wrote... Sucks....
But it only shows like 3 full games a week, the night ones. Plus, the fact that it is premium service, using a feature of the phone doesn't seem like too much to ask for. Personally, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind that it wouldn't work before I got my cord, but to discover it is intentionally blocked is ridiculous.

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
But it only shows like 3 full games a week, the night ones. Plus, the fact that it is premium service, using a feature of the phone doesn't seem like too much to ask for. Personally, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind that it wouldn't work before I got my cord, but to discover it is intentionally blocked is ridiculous.

I agree, can't remember off of the top of my head if it's verizon, the NFL or both that block it, but either way it blows... Found this out last year when I too tried to hook it up to my big screen to watch things....

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, can't remember off of the top of my head if it's verizon, the NFL or both that block it, but either way it blows... Found this out last year when I too tried to hook it up to my big screen to watch things....

I'd bet Verizon did it and probably because when the NFL said do it they responded with "blocking features is our forte. Already done. Do you want us to keep it unremovable also since we already did?"

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

grgguy

Reaction score
I bought Lapdock hoping it would work on it. Sadly the app won't go into webtop mode, or even go into landscape mode to make It watchable.
I'm debating weather or not to call verizon about it as I'm currently on an ICS leak and I know there gonna go through 1 of their troubleshooting scripts before getting to the real issue of why it wont work on my lapdock.

dautley

Reaction score
I'd bet Verizon did it and probably because when the NFL said do it they responded with "blocking features is our forte. Already done. Do you want us to keep it unremovable also since we already did?"

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano
If the NFL said lock it down wouldn't this be a thread about violating the DMCA and stealing from the NFL? Verizon is licensed to broadcast this on their devices only via the NFL.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the NFL said lock it down wouldn't this be a thread about violating the DMCA and stealing from the NFL?

There is nothing in this thread ATM that is a method of circumventing the restriction on ICS.

There is discussion about how people don't think its right, but no method.