All games on NFL Mobile?

axelderhund

Reaction score
I cant find this answer anywhere. On NFL Mobile, if we subscribe to the vcast service (or have the cracked version), what games will be availible to view live on sundays? is it all live sunday NFL games, or is it just the one game the app lists, totalling 25 games per this season? This would mean that dallas is only shown live 4 times this season :(

lcool149

Reaction score
Yeah great question also how come it ask me to subscribe to v cast to watch live vids on this app for droid 1? My friend has the incredible and dose not have v cast like me and get to watch the live red zone game on this app?

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
verizon and nfl teamed up for this app, this has nothing to do with Google, which is why it requires a vcast subscription to watch live games.

as for your friend with the Incredible, it's a completely different app, Red Zone and NFL Mobile. I don't know much about Red Zone, but if he subscribed to it, then i believe he's allowed to use it on his phone.

DKunch

Reaction score
This is how the NFL Mobile works as far as games. You are able to watch the Sunday Night games and the thursday night games when they are played which will be around November. You are able to watch the redzone channel (thats not a separate app) Now as to y your buddys Incredible gets it subcription free and you do not... that is a question that no one really knows. I can watch it on my D1 Sub free.... but my buddy with an Eris cant. Some of the theories that are being tossed around is that you had NFL Mobile installed before the season started you got Grandfathered in for the year but again that is all speculations.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
hmmm i thought red zone was a separate app, sorry to misinform.

i believe there was a "deadline" as when to download the app to get live video free. If you downloaded it before this season started then you get live video for free. That's the rumor i heard anyway

However, i did notice when i tried live video it didn't as for a vcast subscription, but it does show the vcast loading icon, which is why i tend to stay away from it. I haven't noticed any extra "vcast charges" on my bill yet, but i never watched more than say 10 seconds of a live game since i'm not sure if i'm getting charged for it or not.

DKunch

Reaction score
Verizon cant bill you for VCast unless you subscribe to it or notify you before you view the video that you will occur charges if you view it . I have watched 4 games (a good quarter or 2 each game) on it as well as Redzone channel and i havent had any charges at all on me line. The NFL Mobile app is affiliated with Vcast so even if you are getting it for free thats the Video player they use. So if you are able to watch it you are one of the ppl that are able to view it free for the year (or til they catch on or decide to take it away) so enjoy it, whatever the reason may be as to why ppl are getting free VCast Video... just enjoy it while you can lol

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
GOOD NEWS FELLOW NFL DROIDERS:

Just got off the phone with a verizon rep (with a completely different problem) and decided to bring up the infamous "can i watch live games on my droid?" question.

He confirmed that although the vcast logo pops up it does not apply to us Droid users. He said it's a partnership that verizon and nfl made that gave droid users free games as part of the data plan and as part of downloading the app itself.

We can all rest easy now and those little 2 minutes we watch of that live game will not go down as "vcast charges" for us.

lcool149

Reaction score
All right but when I try to watch a game for example today Sunday I want to watch the Titian's game and NFL mobile will not let me play any video unless I subscribe to vcast.
So my question is if I subscibe to vcast for the one day subscription or month will charge my account? And yes I do own the droid.

Last edited:

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
You can also listen to games..just found this out today when my wife sent me to the store..I was able to listen to Vick get crushed on the 1 yard line and go out for the game :)

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I never got ANY notification of VCAST when I started it up..the only thing I get is that it will use a lot of data

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
All right but when I try to watch a game for example today Sunday I want to watch the Titian's game and NFL mobile will not let me play any video unless I subscribe to vcast.
So my question is if I subscibe to vcast for the one day subscription or month will charge my account? And yes I do own the droid.

The NFL App i believe only shows Thursday and Sunday night games. I'm not aware of any option to watch any other games that are live, such as your Titans game.

You can also listen to games..just found this out today when my wife sent me to the store..I was able to listen to Vick get crushed on the 1 yard line and go out for the game :)

Correct, you can listen to live games.

I'm an eagles fan so i don't approve of this post:mad::p