Nexus or S3 The pending Divorce?

SwagTech

Reaction score
Just read that the Galaxy S3 will come to Verizon this month for $199!!. I love my Galaxy Nexus and I swore I would keep this phone for years, a first for me because I buy a phone every year. This is my first time rooting and unlocking. I really love this phone. However, for a brief moment I thought about getting that S3.. I'm not willing to give up my unlimited data just yet. I believe that's why they are releasing with the cheaper price, trying to tempt me even more :). The specs are very nice, but I love the design of my Nexus more. Are any of you planning to upgrade to this divice?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. Won't be upgrading ever again. Want to keep my options open so I can leave on a whim. I'll do my two years with my Nexus and then I'll be out. S III is a great device but I'm not willing to hold myself hostage an extra 6 months.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

slider112

Reaction score
No, I'm sticking with my GNex. Extremely happy with it, especially now on 4.0.4. Pure Android and soft keys huge pluses too...

Nice pricing on the GS3 though; if I were in the market or due for an upgrade I'd look hard at it.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really nice price,but happy with my Nexus and as someone else pointed out 4.0.4 really is a plus for the Nexus owner.

wolstonc

Reaction score
The qualcomm outperforms the quad core in performance and battery life. I just read an article on it in the sci/tech section of the android news and weather app.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry to pop this in here but..... I find it interesting how they released the update for the nexus, and within days, they release the new device... interesting.
I wonder if moto will do it that way??? Just thinking out loud.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to pop this in here but..... I find it interesting how they released the update for the nexus, and within days, they release the new device... interesting.
I wonder if moto will do it that way??? Just thinking out loud.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

I bet cha it wasn't by chance.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
I am going to stick with the nexus as well. It suits my needs just fine. I'm sure that the few tricks that the S3 can do, pretty soon there will a Rom developed that will include those features. Still can't believe that price though lol.

billyk

Reaction score
I've been hyper-focused on cell technology for many years and have owned too many phones. The GNex is the top of the heap for me, by a long shot. I love this thing! Sure, I'll move on, but it'll have to be for a device that is really a step ahead - just as the GNex was it it's introduction. The SIII looks like a fine phone, but is it a real step beyond what I have now? Nope.

Happy to wait.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I originally was going to buy it, but nah, not probably not now. I've already used the TouchWiz UI (theme, I actually like it too), I have the video pop up feature (included in theme), and S Voice (meh). The only real upgrade for me would likely be the little tricks you can do with your palm to do stuff like take a screen shot.

I dunno, still debating. But if I buy it, it will be when the phones already out - or the day it comes out.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
I will wait till the S4... sounds familiar? Lol.. just hope it doesn't look just like the S3... but seriously, I like the screen size and the neat tricks. If and only if, I were to brick or break my Nexus I will then buy the S3.. I have to admit its going to feel weird not buying a new phone.

GoBears

Reaction score
I actually really like the design of the SIII except for...that stupid apple copy physical home button plus the capacitive keys. Going away from the oncreen keys was a step back in my opinion so that pretty much sealed it for me. I just really wanted a better camera with bsi. I personally think the GNex is the best design I've seen on a phone yet with the solid black front. Not to mention the vanilla android. O well, hopefully the SGSIV will better suit me. Peace out.