Nexus on backorder or something?.....

021adam

Reaction score
I ordered my Gnex from radioshack.com this past Saturday (12/17) in an effort to save $50 and it still hasn't shipped. I have emailed them and I was told that they have not received the devices from the manufacturer yet and they don't know when they will. Needless to say, this is very bothersome, but I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas as far as when it might become available. Has anyone had similar experiences?

bplewis24

Reaction score
It's not on backorder, because you can go on Bestbuy.com and verizonwireless.com and order the phone for overnight delivery and in-store pickup. Radio Shack is just one of their bottom tier retailers, meaning they wait in the back of the line for stock to come in.

Brandon

OP

021adam

Reaction score
I've never bought anything from Radio Shack before, but they had the Gnex for $240 and I had no idea it was going to be delayed. I'm considering canceling my order and paying $300 at Best Buy.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
It is because you ordered it from Radio Shack. I almost ordered mine from Lets Talk on release day, but saw comments of people saying delivery was 1-2 weeks after receiving order. I just ponied up and ordered via Verizon's site with overnight shipping. Totally worth the extra $$$, been loving my Gnex for almost a week now.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I've never bought anything from Radio Shack before, but they had the Gnex for $240 and I had no idea it was going to be delayed. I'm considering canceling my order and paying $300 at Best Buy.

Cancel your order, but before you do, print out your invoice from the radio shack order and take it to best buy or Verizon and have them price match it. Should work and you'll get the phone same day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sb1831

Reaction score
Well sorry for being the voice of reason, but did you call?