Can I do something about it?

chewy74

Reaction score
this is relating to my LetsTalk purchase of the g nex and its backorder. Dec 30 was my estimated delivery date from when I first purchased on Dec 15. I just checked my order status and they updated my delivery date to 1/12.

do I have any legal options other than cancelling my order to fight back against them...to either get them to send me my purchase or give me a solid promise date?

*mods can you please correct spelling of Title to 'about it'

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since they never guaranteed you a delivery date, they can essentially delay it as much as they want.

What's probably happening is most 3rd party retailers didn't think the Nexus would sell out, so they didn't have orders in line to prevent extended delays. I'd cancel and get one from Verizon or a local store. By the time you get yours from Letstalk, Radioshack or Costco will probably have a similar deal if you need the cheaper price.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Title changed.

Sent from my rooted, safestrapped, and ROM'd XT862

gthotie5

Reaction score
You should read the terms and conditions and see what you agreed to.
and just in case you decide to cancel your order.
Amazon and wirefly have the nexus for $220 with free 2 day shipping atm.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
fine that they cannot control delivery of the product to them, but they have a responsibility to keep their customers informed. As I interpret this, it holds more weight if you buy knowing its on backorder, but for those who purchased and then notified after-the-fact its backordered, and have paid would have entered into a sale/purchase agreement. As such as a consumer has the right to expect their purchased product in a reasonable time

Availability
LetsTalk.com makes every effort to ensure that we have a full selection and plenty of stock of the products and services our customers need. Occasionally, however, a product / service you have selected may be discontinued and no longer available from a manufacturer or service provider. Should this occur, our Customer Service department will notify you immediately (via telephone or email) with the other available options. As LetsTalk.com does not control manufacturers' delivery schedules, we regret that we cannot provide an absolute date of availability.
On our website, we only display the phones and plans that we are able to directly provide to our customers. The services we can offer in a particular area are dependent upon your billing Zip Code and the carriers with whom we have relationships in that area.
For your convenience, all of our product detail pages list product availability and approximate delivery times. Please note that while most products ship directly from the LetsTalk.com Distribution Center; some products will ship directly from our referral partners. Please see our customer service policy for more information.

Back Orders
If we are aware that an item is out-of-stock at the time of your order, you will receive a backorder notification at "Checkout". You then have the option to proceed with your purchase or remove the back-ordered product from your shopping cart and select an alternate product. If you decide to place an order for a back-ordered product, we will not bill your credit card until that product is shipped to you. If we discover that an item is out-of-stock after you have placed your order, we will keep you updated (via telephone or email) on the out-of-stock status and the date we expect to have product available. As LetsTalk.com does not control manufacturers' delivery schedules, we regret that we cannot provide an absolute date of availability. If you would like to change your order, please contact Customer Service. (If you decide to change your phone or pager selection, please make sure that your new choice is still compatible with the service plan you've already selected).

bstheory

Reaction score
Same here

Hey, i'm in the same boat. A little additional info though...

I called yesterday and was told Samsung only sent letstalk half of their order. The new stock was going to be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. I was hoping i had ordered early enough to get a phone. No such luck. I order mine at 1pm EST. When did you order yours?

Insidious

Reaction score
Target, (in store), is giving me a $75 discount :b. Not sure if it's a target promo, or an upgrade promo; but you might want to check it out!

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

Reaction score
i would suggest purchasing future phones from known and established retailers. :icon_eek:

MrKleen

Reaction score
Why would you purchase from them in the first place? I can't see missing all the initial excitement and wait months for something to save a small amount of money.

So other than why you ordered from them knowing at minimum a two week wait, the next question is why are you still waiting?

Why not just go get the phone since it is available? I paid $250 at Verizon and I'm sure you can get it even less elsewhere.

ErnieMcCracken

Reaction score
I had BestBuy match Wirefly at $229 yesterday. Wirefly dropped to $199 today, went back to BB and they credited me back the $30. I also was pushed back on my LT order to 1/12. Called and cancelled and won't deal with them anymore. $25 more but at least I have it now. And there's no telling how much longer LT will push some of these orders out.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
they offered the phone at launch at 174 that was an insanely good price and saving over $100 is not a small amount of money.

no, I didn't know there would be a two plus week wait. When I ordered it was in stock and not backordered and after waiting 15 days I expected delivery only go have it delayed again. I'm still waiting now because its a waste cancelling now and having to pat the extra $ and having to wait for nothing.

while I wait for my phone I will busy myself with filing formal complaints against them.

Why would you purchase from them in the first place? I can't see missing all the initial excitement and wait months for something to save a small amount of money.

So other than why you ordered from them knowing at minimum a two week wait, the next question is why are you still waiting?

Why not just go get the phone since it is available? I paid $250 at Verizon and I'm sure you can get it even less elsewhere.

Creed

Reaction score
I ordered from LetsTalk on the 17th and it came on the 21st. I cannot imagine being calm about what happened to you but from my experience it came early - it said the 30th but instead arrived the 21st. While I don't think there is anything you can do, know that it WILL come. I did call them though and complain so maybe doing something like that could speed up your delivery date?

I really, really feel your pain.

Best of luck,
Creed