Can I do something about it?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by chewy74, Dec 30, 2011.

1. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    this is relating to my LetsTalk purchase of the g nex and its backorder. Dec 30 was my estimated delivery date from when I first purchased on Dec 15. I just checked my order status and they updated my delivery date to 1/12.

do I have any legal options other than cancelling my order to fight back against them...to either get them to send me my purchase or give me a solid promise date?

*mods can you please correct spelling of Title to 'about it'

#1 chewy74, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Since they never guaranteed you a delivery date, they can essentially delay it as much as they want.

What's probably happening is most 3rd party retailers didn't think the Nexus would sell out, so they didn't have orders in line to prevent extended delays. I'd cancel and get one from Verizon or a local store. By the time you get yours from Letstalk, Radioshack or Costco will probably have a similar deal if you need the cheaper price.

3. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Title changed.

Sent from my rooted, safestrapped, and ROM'd XT862

4. gthotie5

gthotie5 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You should read the terms and conditions and see what you agreed to.
    and just in case you decide to cancel your order.
    Amazon and wirefly have the nexus for $220 with free 2 day shipping atm.

5. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    fine that they cannot control delivery of the product to them, but they have a responsibility to keep their customers informed. As I interpret this, it holds more weight if you buy knowing its on backorder, but for those who purchased and then notified after-the-fact its backordered, and have paid would have entered into a sale/purchase agreement. As such as a consumer has the right to expect their purchased product in a reasonable time

6. bstheory

bstheory New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here

Hey, i'm in the same boat. A little additional info though...

I called yesterday and was told Samsung only sent letstalk half of their order. The new stock was going to be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. I was hoping i had ordered early enough to get a phone. No such luck. I order mine at 1pm EST. When did you order yours?

7. Insidious

Insidious Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Target, (in store), is giving me a $75 discount :b. Not sure if it's a target promo, or an upgrade promo; but you might want to check it out!

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

8. GalaxyFlatulence

Ratings:
    +10
    i would suggest purchasing future phones from known and established retailers. :icon_eek:

9. MrKleen

MrKleen Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Why would you purchase from them in the first place? I can't see missing all the initial excitement and wait months for something to save a small amount of money.

So other than why you ordered from them knowing at minimum a two week wait, the next question is why are you still waiting?

Why not just go get the phone since it is available? I paid $250 at Verizon and I'm sure you can get it even less elsewhere.

10. ErnieMcCracken

ErnieMcCracken New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had BestBuy match Wirefly at $229 yesterday. Wirefly dropped to $199 today, went back to BB and they credited me back the $30. I also was pushed back on my LT order to 1/12. Called and cancelled and won't deal with them anymore. $25 more but at least I have it now. And there's no telling how much longer LT will push some of these orders out.

11. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    they offered the phone at launch at 174 that was an insanely good price and saving over $100 is not a small amount of money.

no, I didn't know there would be a two plus week wait. When I ordered it was in stock and not backordered and after waiting 15 days I expected delivery only go have it delayed again. I'm still waiting now because its a waste cancelling now and having to pat the extra $ and having to wait for nothing.

while I wait for my phone I will busy myself with filing formal complaints against them.

12. Creed

Creed Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered from LetsTalk on the 17th and it came on the 21st. I cannot imagine being calm about what happened to you but from my experience it came early - it said the 30th but instead arrived the 21st. While I don't think there is anything you can do, know that it WILL come. I did call them though and complain so maybe doing something like that could speed up your delivery date?

I really, really feel your pain.

Best of luck,
    Creed