Nexus GPS issues?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by steveky, Jan 11, 2012.

1. steveky

steveky Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    I'm approaching my return deadline for my Nexus. I have to say, I was a skeptic at first because I've been with the OG, but the Nexus is growing on me. But one thing I noticed that falls short on the Nexus is the GPS signal. Sometimes it takes about 20-30 seconds to lock on. It's not always, but my OG rarely took that long. Has anyone else noticed this too? It seems like it doesn't take as long now as when I first got it. Does this mean that it gets better with a few uses? Or maybe my perception about it has changed? Should I just go with Motorola? I just don't like the non-removable batt on moto though.

2. Regodog

Regodog New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the same thing about the battery but so far I haven't had any reason for the battery to be removed. Maybe someday it will need replaced but they can do that at this Verizon store. One thing I can say about Motorola phones, You may or may not have 4G connection problems but that's another topic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

3. pjkump

pjkump Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I used the GPS while on a cross country trip (Mich to MN) and it worked flawlessly most of the time. Only once did it take about a minute to lock on to the GPS signal but once it was on it stayed on.

4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Mine locks in fast, within a few seconds. The GPS on my Incredible took awhile compared to my Nexus.

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Mine appears to lock up before the app can even get started. On Navigon there's a screen or two you have to go through and then select what you want to do (view map, navigate, etc.) and by the time you get through all that the GPS is connected - 5 to 10 seconds??

Good luck.

6. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Mine was random. Sometimes it was instant, and others it took a long time. Sometimes I would drive around lost as a woman for a good 3-6 minutes before it locked on. So annoying.

7. steveky

steveky Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    Hmm... I think I'm going to see if vzw will exchange it for a new device then. I really want to like this device.

Search tags for this page

galaxy nexus gps issues