Nexus GPS issues?

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm approaching my return deadline for my Nexus. I have to say, I was a skeptic at first because I've been with the OG, but the Nexus is growing on me. But one thing I noticed that falls short on the Nexus is the GPS signal. Sometimes it takes about 20-30 seconds to lock on. It's not always, but my OG rarely took that long. Has anyone else noticed this too? It seems like it doesn't take as long now as when I first got it. Does this mean that it gets better with a few uses? Or maybe my perception about it has changed? Should I just go with Motorola? I just don't like the non-removable batt on moto though.

Regodog

Reaction score
I thought the same thing about the battery but so far I haven't had any reason for the battery to be removed. Maybe someday it will need replaced but they can do that at this Verizon store. One thing I can say about Motorola phones, You may or may not have 4G connection problems but that's another topic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

pjkump

Reaction score
I used the GPS while on a cross country trip (Mich to MN) and it worked flawlessly most of the time. Only once did it take about a minute to lock on to the GPS signal but once it was on it stayed on.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mine locks in fast, within a few seconds. The GPS on my Incredible took awhile compared to my Nexus.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine locks in fast, within a few seconds. The GPS on my Incredible took awhile compared to my Nexus.

Mine appears to lock up before the app can even get started. On Navigon there's a screen or two you have to go through and then select what you want to do (view map, navigate, etc.) and by the time you get through all that the GPS is connected - 5 to 10 seconds??

Good luck.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Mine was random. Sometimes it was instant, and others it took a long time. Sometimes I would drive around lost as a woman for a good 3-6 minutes before it locked on. So annoying.

OP
S

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Hmm... I think I'm going to see if vzw will exchange it for a new device then. I really want to like this device.