Nexus 5 Rumors Mash-Up

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-5-leak-zoom.png

We thought it would be pretty cool to do a quick Nexus 5 rumor/intel compilation just to have a handy all-in-one breakdown of everything we know so far about the new device. Here's a bullet-point list below:
  • Probably LG device with Model Number D821
  • 5-inch display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
  • Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip (MSM8974)
  • Android 4.4 KitKat (of course)
  • Multiple LTE bands - support for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile
  • Global Pentaband HSPA+ radio
  • Nexus 7-style design (based upon the pics we have thus far)
  • 2300mAh battery
  • Probably will be launched on October 14th
  • Same excellent 13MP camera as the LG G2
Right now we don't know what the storage options will be, but as you can see above, we already know quite a bit about the device before it has even been confirmed to exist. If they can keep the unsubsidized/unlocked price down to around the same $300-400 range as the Nexus 4, then this will be the most impressive and feature-rich Nexus device to ever hit the streets. Sound off if you are excited by this possibility.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
For $300-$400 retail price and those other specs, I'm guessing storage options limited to 16gigs internal

Not exactly going out on a limb there - seems to be the direction with Google devices.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I doubt you will ever see Verizon Nexus again.. Let's keep hope though..

a3a6aza6.jpg

Edit:

One of our staff pointed out to me a second rumor of LTE band for Verizon... So keep them wishes coming..

hevu8una.jpg

N2 tap'd HD

Last edited:

xsirxx

Reaction score
Frankly I am happy to see Verizon out of it. I am sick of them and the crap they pull with manufacturers and the length of time for updates. I hope this forces people to move to other companies.

EDIT: Note that if they can bring this in at 300$ then most likely this will be my next phone.

Last edited:

Asgard

Reaction score
Frankly I am happy to see Verizon out of it. I am sick of them and the crap they pull with manufacturers and the length of time for updates. I hope this forces people to move to other companies.

EDIT: Note that if they can bring this in at 300$ then most likely this will be my next phone.

I couldn't agree more, comes march and my contract ends, and so will my dealings with Verizon. And if it really falls on the $300-$350 for the 16GB version, I'm all over that.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How funny -- I popped in here to wonder aloud "what reason do we have to hope for a VZW version?" thinking I was the only one who was that cynical, only to find I belong to a club of doubters (really the attempts so far to build a VZW Nexus phone have been disastrous). We should start a support group!

-Matt

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
They seemed to drop the gnex like a bad habit. If it weren't for the dev community, I would've ditched this phone long ago. Like I said, I'm not holding my breath for another Verizon Nexus. But if they do get one, I hope the dev community jumps on it. If not, I'll join your support group gadgetrants

Tapped from a Nexus

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon no longer supports nexus devices, reason is they are not in control of the software updates, and that means they are no longer in control of the device, and God forbid that happens, LOL, nothing to see here, move along.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
Verizon no longer supports nexus devices, reason is they are not in control of the software updates, and that means they are no longer in control of the device, and God forbid that happens, LOL, nothing to see here, move along.

You either didn't own a GNex or you unlocked it and loaded custom ROMS and never paid attention to the fact the updates didn't happen in a timely manner, because VZW was in full control.