Another Leaked Pic and Spec-list Arrive for the Nexus 5

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus-5-pics.jpg

Yet another leaked pic and spec-list for the new LG made Nexus 5 have hit the web. The pic above is one of the clearest "real-world" photos yet for the device. Here's the spec-list that came along with the pic:
  • 5-inch Full HD display, 442 ppi
  • Android 4.4 Kitkat
  • 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
  • 2GB RAM
  • 16GB Storage
  • 8MP camera & 1.2MP front
  • Accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity, light, barometer, orientation
  • 2300mAh and wireless charging
  • LTE, NFC
There was no mention of whether the camera has the same Optical Image Stabilization as found in the LG G2. In fact, several of the features are different than than the LG G2, like display size, the positioning of the camera, the camera is not a 13MP, etc. Industry speculation is starting to suggest that this new LG Nexus 5 may not be based upon the LG G2 at all, as was previously thought. It might simply share some of the same internals.

Finally, there are continued hints that both this device and Android 4.4 Kitkat will be launched October 14th. As always we will follow things closely for you guys.

Source: UnWiredView

Briankbl

Reaction score
Ugghhh...that battery...

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA!

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Coming from the 1750 mAh in the Galaxy Nexus, I think I'll be able to cope. Not to mention it's 2GB of RAM instead of 1GB and a 5" screen instead of a 4.65", this would be a solid upgrade all the way around (for me).

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Indeed! It just goes to show that it's all in the context. If you are comparing some of the newer devices to this new Nexus 5, then it might come up a bit short. However, if they keep the same inexpensive pricing as the Nexus 4, then this is a big jump forward for Nexus owners.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just can't find a phone to get excited about. The Z1 turned out to be lacking and didn't come to VZ anyway, the HTC One is pretty good but still seems to be suffering issues at the hands of VZ bloat, the S4 is lacking radio-wise--making phone calls is still a deal-breaker for me if there are issues on that front--and I think I'm just going to find the Note 3 too effin' big. I've seen the front pocket tests, and while I may not have tree trunks for legs, I don't have twigs down there and I'm either going to end up with all my jeans having a nice little phone outline at best or with a tear in the legs or a neatly folded screen at worse. Even excluding that I really just don't need that big of a screen.

Sorry to rant, I just can't believe that this long after I got the Droid 2 I can't find a single replacement that excites me. Probably will break down and get the Note 3 so it is what it is.

Universal

Reaction score
I just can't find a phone to get excited about. The Z1 turned out to be lacking and didn't come to VZ anyway, the HTC One is pretty good but still seems to be suffering issues at the hands of VZ bloat, the S4 is lacking radio-wise--making phone calls is still a deal-breaker for me if there are issues on that front--and I think I'm just going to find the Note 3 too effin' big. I've seen the front pocket tests, and while I may not have tree trunks for legs, I don't have twigs down there and I'm either going to end up with all my jeans having a nice little phone outline at best or with a tear in the legs or a neatly folded screen at worse. Even excluding that I really just don't need that big of a screen.

Sorry to rant, I just can't believe that this long after I got the Droid 2 I can't find a single replacement that excites me. Probably will break down and get the Note 3 so it is what it is.

Have you looked at the LG G2?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the LG G2?

One, there's no telling how they'll do with those updated; VZ and LG aren't inspiring confidence with me on that front. Two, development isn't looking that great. Do I necessarily want to flash a custom ROM? No; rooting to get rid of bloat and slapping on a new launcher may be enough. That said, I want the option to do so and I'd rather go with something that I know will see CM, MIUI, and others vs being left with little in that regard. Three, it looks like an S4, which I think is pretty blah itself, and it's a fingerprint magnet.

For all the good it offers that phone just doesn't make up for its shortcomings enough to make me want to take the chance with it.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Indeed! It just goes to show that it's all in the context. If you are comparing some of the newer devices to this new Nexus 5, then it might come up a bit short.

I totally agree with you there. My wife's got a Note 2, and I doubt I'd be all that excited for the Nexus 5 if I owned her phone. I'm just glad she's perfectly happy with her device and isn't wanting to jump on the Note 3 simply because it's the next best thing! On the other hand, I'm itching for a new phone! I feel like my G-Nex has been showing its age lately. I definitely want to stay with a Nexus, as long as it comes to Verizon. I've considered picking up a G2 as well, but I'm holding out for the Nexus 5 announcement to decide what route I'll take. I could be leaving Big Red to pursue the device I want, if it isn't offered on VZW.