Next Week is Release

karmajay

Reaction score
I'm adding a 2nd line so getting the lower price for the x. Is there anyway to get the activation fee waived?

jvmxtra

Reaction score
I will wait it out couple weeks to see if 3rd party like dell or someone will offer reduced price like for original droid.

I just hope supplies does not run into issues like droid incredible.
I also wonder how samsung new phones will affect droid X sales?( I am hoping droid X won't do SO great so that I can get a deal soon )

Exec76

Reaction score
Some VZW stores have X test mules now, though you may have trouble getting them to admit it unless you have an insider with your corporate VZW store. If you are the primary user of your account and eligable to upgrade there will be a 99.99 offer for launch. I have a 2 different reliable sources on this.

I am the primary and eligible - my contract is also up at the end of the month. What do I need to do to get that 99.99 offer?

thanks!
I work for Verizon and the only way that I know of would be using a $ 100 new every two. Outside of that, I don't see a $ 99.99 price available.

how does one become eligible for a $100 new every two instead of the $30? is there a $50 one too

Rubi22

Reaction score
I ordered the Incredible about a month ago and I just talked to the manager of my Verizon store a few days ago and he told me to call this coming Monday to switch to the X.

Hopefully on release day, I will be able to get mine. I hope the Tampa (Citrus Park) Verizon stores have plenty of X's in stock :)

I know two guys that work there (too bad it's not in the mobile phone dept)! I'm in New Tampa (Bruce B Downs store)

Ryan21288

Reaction score
From what ive heard. I went into Verizon 2 days ago and asked about the droid x. My main question was will it sell out. Mainly because the HTC Droid Incredible is sold out. He said that Motorola told them there would be no issue and they would be sending out plenty of units. He also said they had no issue with the Droid when it came out and they sold like hotcakes. I then said I wanted to play with one when they came in because I was unsure about the size. He actually had a dummy phone in the store. So i got to look at that. So we talked some more and long story short he had a droid x! Got to use it for a minute or two and it instantly got rid of any doubt. I will be getting this phone. I am probably going to preorder it with best buy anyway. Ive also heard that if you are eligable for an upgrade before 12/31/10 they will honor the upgrade now for the droid x.

karmajay

Reaction score
Hopefully on release day, I will be able to get mine. I hope the Tampa (Citrus Park) Verizon stores have plenty of X's in stock :)

I know two guys that work there (too bad it's not in the mobile phone dept)! I'm in New Tampa (Bruce B Downs store)

I checked with the one near Bruce B Downs on Fowler (not sure if that is your store) and the guy said there should be no issues with getting a DX on Thursday. I have a class at 8AM BUT I may go to that store instead just to make sure I get one :)

Rubi22

Reaction score

I checked with the one near Bruce B Downs on Fowler (not sure if that is your store) and the guy said there should be no issues with getting a DX on Thursday. I have a class at 8AM BUT I may go to that store instead just to make sure I get one :)

Ya I work right across the street from that store (@ the yuengling brewery), I hate that store. I've had many bad experiences. If you ever go to the new best buy (BBD and I75) their staff is top notch. As well as the VZW store right next to it.

Ansextra

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting mine at Costco. I need to move my ATT account to Verizon and create a family plan as well. Hopefully they'll have the Droid X on Thursday but they did say they expect to. They told me they'll have it for $199 and I get a case as well as a car charger with the phone.

karmajay

Reaction score
Ya I work right across the street from that store (@ the yuengling brewery), I hate that store. I've had many bad experiences. If you ever go to the new best buy (BBD and I75) their staff is top notch. As well as the VZW store right next to it.
So you recommend I DON'T go to that store? I need to add a line, get the phone and switch a phone number and I don't want any mistakes. :)

Rubi22

Reaction score
So you recommend I DON'T go to that store? I need to add a line, get the phone and switch a phone number and I don't want any mistakes. :)

Then yes, I'd say DON'T go to that store. My overall problem is the mobile phone dept.'s attitude toward customers, on top of some problems we had with activating my BB storm with insurance, etc.

If you're at USF too, there's a VZW mobile phone store right in front of Muvico (by Moes) who always provide great service.

iherbivore

Reaction score
I called my local verizon store and they have a list with 35 names, but they are only getting 30 phones. They said they are going to divert phones from other stores so I could still get on the list to have one Thursday morning. So I am number 36 on the list, but does this sound right? Can they really do this, or am I facing a disappointing Thursday morning?

Spinninghorse

Reaction score
If a person has to wait until Friday to get their phone from a Verizon store, does it make more sense to order online, as soon as it is available) and have it shipped (usually overnight)? When you get the phone in the store, you have to mail-in the $100 rebate, but ordering online you are given the rebate instantly - is this correct?

lchavez289

Reaction score
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got the dummy phone package today!!!!!
OMG, this thing is massssive.
This is great =]

jvmxtra

Reaction score
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got the dummy phone package today!!!!!
OMG, this thing is massssive.
This is great =]

What is that even mean? (dummy phone package) How does one sign up for that?