Next Week is Release

soba1

Reaction score
I May Be Changing My Mind

I may post up outside on the first day. Sit lean on my car waiting
for the dooors to open. Then casually stroll in, oh heck pull out
my can so the youngins will feel sorry for me and let me go first.
But no campning; us Android users are way to cool for that......:rockon:

Generalg

Reaction score
Getting the X on the 15th at 9:01 cst. Than on the following day the movie "Inception" is released. What a great week and start to a weekend! :D

imronburgundy

Reaction score
verizion customer service is wacky. you will never get the same answer. dropped my droid in the toilet. droids do not swim or take kindly to the water. 6pm activated my razor for calls. they drop the data pkg. next morning used wifes upgrade (worked better than insurance) 10am new droid, 14 hours with razor. get bill that month, 75 clams for data, wwwwwhatt. rep you used data on razor, no, yes, blah blah, next rep same thing, calling me a liar. next rep i pinned them to the time of the razor activation, then first instance of data that day, it was 4:58am last instance was around 5:30 pm and no data after the razor activation. wala! she finally got it, charged me .99 cents for a days worth of data plan. sorry for the long story.
but the morale is, browbeat them until you get what you want they always give in.
also, be careful of your bill if you ever activate a dumb phone from a smart phone plan.

Once downgraded from my omnia, to a dumb phone to save money. Then a month later, back to my omnia and told the girl I wanted the unlimited data plan back on the omnia like I had before. A month later.....$1300 in data charges.....only took about 3 months to straighten out and get credited for those charges. Lovely use of my time. :icon_evil:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Question, with all the other new smartphones coming out do you really think there will be that much of a want for the X? I want this phone and am sick of my Storm but I also see all these other cool phones coming out too and wonder if they will somehow lower the want of the X by people.
The D2 will have the same power as the DX but with a smaller form and keyboard. The Pro will be more beast inside but that is a ways away I think. There will ALWAYS be another phone coming that will make yours old news. It's a never ending cycle unfortunately. Just get a phone that you enjoy. If you think about what is coming next at all times, you'll never get a phone. :p

intodeep

Reaction score
I'm hoping i won't need to camp out for the phone as I would not be able to.

I went to the store i hope to buy it from today and talked to a representative. He said he was under the impression they would be getting 130 Droid X's in for the release date. He felt that if i was able to get there anytime in the morning I should be safe and able to get one.

I went to the store in Alpharetta GA on northpoint parkway which is one of the larger Verizon stores in the Atlanta area I'm aware of so that may be why they are getting so many.

hopefully i'll be able to get over there around 9:45 and pick one up. With work that is about the earliest i can get out to get it.

johnny9374

Reaction score
Johnny, call *611 before you go (like today or something) and tell them you plan on upgrading to an X. They will move your upgrade date. At least they should.
already tried as soon as i heard the release date for this lol they wont do it unless its 30 days or under and the 15th will be 30 days exactly

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
weird.. its supposed to be anyone with a 2010 upgrade date, not just those before August 14th (30 days?).

johnny9374

Reaction score
i think because its on my second line and that deal has to be done with the primary line

johnny9374

Reaction score
dunno because ive called and tried several times guess when it comes out ill ask about that then if not ill try to update the secondary and like i said believe me im gonna be there when the store opens lol

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe regular reps can't change it unless its less than 30 days and they are too lazy to call a manager to do it or something lol

johnny9374

Reaction score
exactly because i was going to order online and was told to either call and order it or go directly to vzw wireless

DebsX

Reaction score
The Count Down To ~ X ~ Day...

Well... we officially have 7 days to get our DX's.

I am so excited... Remember when you were young, and it was a week away from Christmas morning? How excited you were? I'm sure thats how many of us are feeling right now! I know I am... lol.

Lets share our excitement together in this thread...

What are your plans for the big morning?