Next Week is Release

Generalg

Reaction score
Well I just held the X in my hands via the local corp store! It's awesome!! Making it harder to wait the 7 days now for sure.

m3llyb33

Reaction score
I ordered the Incredible about a month ago and I just talked to the manager of my Verizon store a few days ago and he told me to call this coming Monday to switch to the X.

Hopefully on release day, I will be able to get mine. I hope the Tampa (Citrus Park) Verizon stores have plenty of X's in stock :)

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I can't wait!!! Will be there when my local Corp. store opens...

Hope they have some accessories in stock on day one especially the dock

ccartertn

Reaction score
Just got back from VZW store. Rep said VZW wouldn't let them take pre-orders but you could make an "appointment". She wasn't really sure what that meant. Anyway, I asked what time they opened, she said 8:00am, I said put me down for 8:00am then. Didn't look like there were many on the list - I like my chances.

Side note: There was a lady in there with a FedEx box - she had just received her Incredible and they were setting it up for her.

CC

DebsX

Reaction score
Just got back from VZW store. Rep said VZW wouldn't let them take pre-orders but you could make an "appointment". She wasn't really sure what that meant. Anyway, I asked what time they opened, she said 8:00am, I said put me down for 8:00am then. Didn't look like there were many on the list - I like my chances.

Side note: There was a lady in there with a FedEx box - she had just received her Incredible and they were setting it up for her.

CC

My Sales Rep made an appointment for me as well, at 8:00 am on X day.
They will hold and guarantee you a phone with an appointment. An early appointment that is... lol.
Make an appointment people... Thats a win-win to me... dancedroid

BSmith

Reaction score
I did the appointment thing with my original Droid. I'll probably swing by there and do the same thing for the X.

I don't think they actually hold anything for you, just gives you a chance to not have to wait thus giving you first dibs.

DebsX

Reaction score
I did the appointment thing with my original Droid. I'll probably swing by there and do the same thing for the X.

I don't think they actually hold anything for you, just gives you a chance to not have to wait thus giving you first dibs.

That works for me... lol. dancedroid

lynz4kjb

Reaction score
Ditched AT&T & iPhone...

I ditched my iPhone and AT&T to come over to Verizon to get the Droid X. I have had an iPhone for the last 3 years and I am SOOOO ready for a change!! Apple suxs!

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Droid X

X will be great out of the box, greater when 2.2 lands, and even better when 3.0 comes out. Glad you are coming to a good network. Can you hear me now?

Ansextra

Reaction score
I ditched my iPhone and AT&T to come over to Verizon to get the Droid X. I have had an iPhone for the last 3 years and I am SOOOO ready for a change!! Apple suxs!
I've had an iPhone since I got my 3G. I'm ready for a change on Thursday... :)

mikefromaz

Reaction score
Camping out? Nah, but I did take the 15th off from work <grin>. Lesee.... lunch box full of sandwiches and drinks, check! My rotweiler, check! (the phone is for him). Should be there 'bout an hour early. Our Verizon store is only 50ft. from Starbucks. What could be better?

ewadsm

Reaction score
YUP!

I went with the "appointment" on July 15th too since that seems to be all they are offering. I am #10 on the list at the VZW store and they expect at least 30 phones but my appointment isn't till mid afternoon.

So do they tell paying customers actually standing at the counter waving cash in the air that there are no more in stock when they are "holding" phones for the "appointment holders" or sell them and then tell us that they only got a few and they went quickly?................

Totally depends on your customer service rep at the store, do they display some personal integrity and honor their "soft" commitment at appointment time or do they move product? I am anxious to see.

After waiting on the Incredible I sure hope to have better luck on the Droid X. :icon_eek: