Next Week is Release

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they work at a verizon store and got the fake phone that is used as a display model. The package probably comes with advertising and whatnot to hang up in the store. Dummy phones can give you a good idea of size and sometimes weight.

Rubi22

Reaction score
Just called my BB. They said they're only receiving 5 units on launch day!!! :(

Good thing I'm #4 on the pre-order list :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Kept poking around bit of a drive but I found a rep a bit of a drive away... who said "it was good of you to remind me that this is launching in 4 days I wasn't aware... the shipment is scheduled to arrive on the 15th but it hasn't left yet but I'd still expect it to make it"....

lchavez289

Reaction score
I'm guessing they work at a verizon store and got the fake phone that is used as a display model. The package probably comes with advertising and whatnot to hang up in the store. Dummy phones can give you a good idea of size and sometimes weight.
Exactly.
Ughhh we just found out that we're not even getting enough to fill my preorder customers. This is gonna be chaotic.

rolandct

Reaction score
My local store is getting 45. My "friend" at my store activated his employee X today. I have a feeling they are going to go the first day, but anyone who gets there early is going to happy.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've decided to show up at 8 when they open. (an hour earlier than usual)

daxdm302

Reaction score
is getting it from store $200 after $100 rebate?

Yup... you pay $300 up front then cut the label off of the box and mail it in... they will send you a $100 prepaid visa gift card

Thats if they do it the same way as the Droid, But i dont think the process has changed

rolandct

Reaction score
Yeah I've decided to show up at 8 when they open. (an hour earlier than usual)

Unfortunately my store is opening at normal 9 AM so now I need to go to work, leave to pickup my phone and then go back. Sucks. Rather they opened early.

karmajay

Reaction score
Looks like the store I plan on going to will have 20 and I'm 16 on the list. I'm supposed to pick it up at 9AM which means I have to skip a class to do it! :icon_eek:

Oh well, definitely worth it!

vkay424

Reaction score
Midnight Launch Droid X

The Verizon Wireless corp store in Frisco Texas is having a midnight launch for the Droid X. They are taking appointments by phone and will begin handing out numbers for those without apptmts at 11 pm.

06LTNox

Reaction score
Have a pre-order with a VZW call center rep. Won't get my phone till Friday but at least I don't have to mess with the MIR.

wa2ddl

Reaction score
on an island off the Florida coast (Hutchinson)
Are you going to camp out by a Verizon store like the iPhone guys did?
Hey man, Android users don't camp out, we jus hang.:dry:

No...it BB Storm users like me that "hang". even with the 5.0.0.328 update. seriously, Canada...is that the BEST you can do?

#6 on the Droid X list at the VZW store for tomorrow