News and Weather Widget

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one I got from you earlier is dark, smoked grey/black, with square corners. When you click it, it's transparent with white text. I think Vulcan is hoping for the widget itself to be transparent.

Yeah, that's the one I modified to match my honeycomb theme. I've got one with a transparent widget if you guys want I'll throw it up.

Here it is -

Transparent_GenieWidget.apk
Exactly what I was looking for....thanks!

cnmsales

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Pulse on there TB yet?
What is Pulse, and is it something to do with News/Weather widget? If not, maybe you should start a new thread.

It is posted here because the OP was requesting a news app. As stated earlier by me in this thread Pulse is a new reading app that displays the news articles to you in a new VERY user friendly way.

Check it out. You will Scoff at the thought of using any other news app.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is Pulse, and is it something to do with News/Weather widget? If not, maybe you should start a new thread.

It is posted here because the OP was requesting a news app. As stated earlier by me in this thread Pulse is a new reading app that displays the news articles to you in a new VERY user friendly way.

Ok cool. I'm just glad I got the News/Weather app working on the TB. I won't need the Pulse.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Just go try it out. Trust me, you will dig it way better then the stock news app.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Thanks for the apk, I've been missing the news widget too.
Installed Pulse also and it's pretty cool.

Natey2

Reaction score

Genie: When I enter a subject string, it will look for that string across various news sources and list all of them.

I just installed pulse.

Pulse: It brings back the various sources with that string, and makes you add/subscribe to the individual news source(s) you want to monitor.

I'm not interested in subscribing to any particular source(s) ; I just want to see general articles related to my topic, so I prefer Genie.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

HHARRIS

Reaction score
I've got a transparent version from some talented themers on this very site running on mine just fine. Remove the .zip from the end and install with astro or the like.

The apk is transparent isn't it? Or are you talking about the widget itself?

By any chance do you have the non transparrent one?

Thanks A Bunch!

HUGH
:)
I believe he posted a link to the non-transparent one already. Either way, it works great with the TB.

I am using that one now and it works great. I was just looking for the non transparrent one.

THANKS!

HUGH
:)