News and Weather Widget

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a transparent version from some talented themers on this very site running on mine just fine. Remove the .zip from the end and install with astro or the like.
Did you do anything else to it? I just get a message saying it didn't install.
I took the .zip extension off and it still didn't install for me either.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
I've got a transparent version from some talented themers on this very site running on mine just fine. Remove the .zip from the end and install with astro or the like.

I'll upload it to mega as a straight .apk and you guys can try that. It installs for me just fine. (I'm assuming you have the box checked for installing non market apps)

Here you go-

GenieWidget.apk

Last edited:

cnmsales

Reaction score
If you want a news app that BLOWS this out the water check out Pulse. Now I had some issues with it on My original droid. But its pretty amazing. Almost like reading a newspaper.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can't get it to work by installing from the apk, you need to take that apk and place it into

/system/app

then set permissions on the file, reboot and see if you can add it from widgets.

Of course, you would need root too ... I hear that's been done.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Can someone please try Pulse for me. I want to make sure its going to work on my new phone.

techguru

Reaction score

I'll upload it to mega as a straight .apk and you guys can try that. It installs for me just fine. (I'm assuming you have the box checked for installing non market apps)

Here you go-

GenieWidget.apk

THANK YOU!!!!! This one works for me too.

Alan

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh happy day, thanks everyone. I got the .apk from mediafire Pistol_Pete. Now I'm happy again......

Going to really push my luck now....how about a transparent one?

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Oh happy day, thanks everyone. I got the .apk from mediafire Pistol_Pete. Now I'm happy again......

The apk is transparent isn't it? Or are you talking about the widget itself?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The apk is transparent isn't it? Or are you talking about the widget itself?
I guess it might be a dark smoked glass. I am talking about one where the news is white but there's no background at all. I think it used to be known as a naked news widget.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
I guess it might be a dark smoked glass. I am talking about one where the news is white but there's no background at all. I think it used to be known as a naked news widget.

The one I've got installed is transparent, isn't the one I loaded up?

lockman

Reaction score

The one I've got installed is transparent, isn't the one I loaded up?

The one I got from you earlier is dark, smoked grey/black, with square corners. When you click it, it's transparent with white text. I think Vulcan is hoping for the widget itself to be transparent.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
The one I got from you earlier is dark, smoked grey/black, with square corners. When you click it, it's transparent with white text. I think Vulcan is hoping for the widget itself to be transparent.

Yeah, that's the one I modified to match my honeycomb theme. I've got one with a transparent widget if you guys want I'll throw it up.

Here it is -

Transparent_GenieWidget.apk

Last edited: