NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
March 10th is the most solid looking date and once a date is OFFICIALLY announced ill b one happy camper. Somebody if you hear somethin before I do tell me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Oh you do not have to worry. Once an official date is announced by VZW it will be all over the forum like a wild fire. You will not miss it.

HollywoodPR1

Reaction score
Well I guess once VZW announces it I will know since I work for them but its jus good to see EVERYBODY on here is like me wen it comes to this phone.

66dude

Reaction score
March 10th is the most solid looking date and once a date is OFFICIALLY announced ill b one happy camper. Somebody if you hear somethin before I do tell me.

Once an official release date has been announced, the F5 key will get a much needed rest, my work productivity will get back to normal, and my wife will get much needed attention! :)

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I wouldnt hold my breath waiting. They have there upgrade scheduel and im sure thats exactly how they will roll it out.

My understanding is that the map shows CURRENT coverage not scheduled upgrades so I guess my question was more "do we think that since I am 2-3 miles away from 4G today that I might expect an area such as Chicago suburbs will be upgraded in the near future or is what I see what I should expect for the next couple years?". I can assume that it might take someone with some inside knowledge of that upgrade schedule to comment even if it is general knowledge and not specific to my area.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Speaking of insurance...does anyone have experience with a 3rd-party insurers such as Ensquared.com? It looks like a two-year insurance plan would only cost $4.17/month with them and I thought I've heard they seem to provide better coverage in the areas of water damage and droppage and that they are better at replacing with new devices rather than Assurion's refurbished devices and "near" compatibles. But I have no facts or direct experience.

probotic

Reaction score
As far as insurance goes, I'm going with best buys coverage. 1) 9.99, but it's a lower deductible (I believe) and you aren't limited to 2 per life span. Also, you get a brand new phone, where Verizon simply sends you a refurbished one.

luckwld

Reaction score
I've never gotten insurance on my phones and so far I've been lucky to never have any issues prior to getting a new phone after 2 years. I just went to check and see what it costs since the TB will be my first smartphone. How does the deductible work? Is that something you have to pay for every claim, or is it only certain claims you have to pay a deductible for? The TB isn't too bad for $7 a month and $99 deductible.

I went to check my wife's new iPhone (I know, I know) and it's insane. $11/month and $170 deductible. That's a lot of money in my opinion which is why I'm wondering how exactly the deductible applies. It's hard for me to pony up the money for when I've never had any issues in the past.

probotic

Reaction score
Sucks, I sold my iphone4 3 weeks ago, thinking the thunderbolt was coming out 2/14. So on 2/14 when I didn't get the thunderbolt, I went with the Droid X to hold me over until Thunderbolts 2/24 release date and proceeded to cancel my ATT contract.

Here we are today, with a Droid X, and less than 1 week to decide weather or not I want to stay with Verizon, wait on Thunderbolt. At one point I was excited about getting rid of my iphone...but to be honest teh camera quality on the X doesn't touch the iphone4...I do have higher hopes for t-bolt.

HollywoodPR1

Reaction score
Yea I have an incredible and even tho they both 8 MP camera the X don't compare. I'm willing to bet the TB will b awesome

Munstir

Reaction score
I need some serious advice, I pre-ordered this at best buy and have a 2 year upgrade available. Anyways I have gone a month without a phone and I can't take it anymore. Is there a good way I can get a phone and then trade it in by the time the thunderbolt is out?

March 10th is the day I'm looking at according to both best buys near me, don't think I can wait 10 more days. It also might not even come out by then for sure so please I need some help! Much thanks ahead of time.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I've never gotten insurance on my phones and so far I've been lucky to never have any issues prior to getting a new phone after 2 years. I just went to check and see what it costs since the TB will be my first smartphone. How does the deductible work? Is that something you have to pay for every claim, or is it only certain claims you have to pay a deductible for? The TB isn't too bad for $7 a month and $99 deductible.

I went to check my wife's new iPhone (I know, I know) and it's insane. $11/month and $170 deductible. That's a lot of money in my opinion which is why I'm wondering how exactly the deductible applies. It's hard for me to pony up the money for when I've never had any issues in the past.

Ask outright if water damage and drops are covered. Ensquared says they are. $4.17/month, $50 deductible, 3 claims allowed. I got burned once with "water damage" simply because I golfed in a mist while my phone was put away. I've since learned to bring ziploc bags. VZW told me the same damage can occur by having the phone in the bathroom during a hot shower so now I'm more nervous. Once those sensors go red, you're dead so I am finally curious about insurance.

dbgoolsby

Reaction score
Just tweeted ...

@VerizonWireless
Verizon Wireless
We appreciate all the excitement about the anticipated launch of the ThunderBolt by HTC. As soon as there's news, we'll issue it here!
8 minutes ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

dave4100

Reaction score
Another worthless tweet from Verizon. Doesn't say anything! We know as much as we did 5 minutes ago.

tondraj

Reaction score
I guess insurance is good for some people, but I'll never get it for a phone. $7 a month and a $99 deductible "just in case" i lose it doesn't make sense for me. I'm on 1 year contracts, so if I lose a phone I can just go to my backup D1 until my next upgrade comes around. I've only ever lost one phone in 10 years, and i always keep a backup.

Like I said, different strokes for different folks...c'mon 'bolt!

Reaction score
i think i asked this in a past thread but i can't remember...

will the htc thunderbolt be paired with htcsense.com right out of the box or is that feature not working properly?

and it's going to have froyo but will be upgradeable to gingerbread once that's problem free?

and to keep this post in topic... i think sometime in the middle of march like the 17th but i'm hoping for this thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.