NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuigi

Reaction score
I for one have been waiting for over a year for a new phone. The specs of the TB sounded really promising to me. I also live in a rural area where reception is sketchy and I have to use an extender to get a signal. I am hoping that with LTE, I might be able to get better reception as I travel. I am approx 1o miles as the crow flies from a current LTE city

You might get better reception. In the year 2013. But if you're looking for that now, you'd better look at another phone until then.

Verizon has just started this LTE service and it will not be completed until 2013. I can't state this as a fact but I believe that the initial cities on the list for receiving LTE will be only within the city. So if you work or live in a suburb, you might as well wait. It's coming but not that soon.

sad to say but without a 12 step program, this phone is mine

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sad to say but without a 12 step program, this phone is mine

lol, if the make a 12 step program for this it will prove my point that all 12 step programs are cults.

That being said, take a look around there are a whole bunch of people feeling exactly like you do. Since I've been in the Forum the only thing I've seen generate this kind of emotion was the release of 2.1 OTA for the original Droid. I'll even go a step further and say this is causing more conversation then the original Droid 2.1 ota launch. I know this for a fact because my bottle of ibuprofen supply is dwindling faster every day.:)

dave4100

Reaction score
With apps in the market popping up for this phone, I suspect it to be released in the not to distant future.

cnmsales

Reaction score
I think every user here should call there local verizon store once every hour to ask about the TB. If nothing else it will help the day go by faster.

derekmiller12

Reaction score
Im thinking and hoping that the release date is the 10th.. Well I actually wish it was earlier but the 10th will do for me.. Shouldnt we be hearing soon if its going to be dropping on the 10th?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I for one have been waiting for over a year for a new phone. The specs of the TB sounded really promising to me. I also live in a rural area where reception is sketchy and I have to use an extender to get a signal. I am hoping that with LTE, I might be able to get better reception as I travel. I am approx 1o miles as the crow flies from a current LTE city

If your 3g reception is sketchy now and if it is indeed pulling from a tower in the soon to be lte city, you might be pleasantly surprised. The 700mhz wavelength of verizons lte has greater penetration than that of any other cell signal. They expect the small areas that have no coverage in the US to be covered after all 3g towers are converted.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

electric6

Reaction score
crap, I woke up today again hoping for some significant news, or an official announcement of this thursday release date. Oh well, the wait continues...

St. Patricks day.

P7M8

Reaction score
I can't state this as a fact but I believe that the initial cities on the list for receiving LTE will be only within the city. So if you work or live in a suburb, you might as well wait. It's coming but not that soon.

I live in a suburb of an LTE city and the map of my area where I live, work and play is a nice deep dark 4G/LTE red.

I rooted my D1 mainly to use as a wireless hotspot although it's way less than perfect. I can't wait to get my hands on the T-Bolt for 4G hotspot and simultaneous voice use.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoookbill you are right.. 2.1 is what comes to mind when I keep coming back to this thread.. On topic.. Verizon manager that was suposed to have my TB yesterady surprisingly is not answering the phone or calling back.. well not surprised.. :) Got my D1 replacement from fed ex yesterday.. Thought that would hold me over.. Forgot how easy it was to root and just flash my old setup.. Now I am bored and looking for the TB again.. Someone please fill me in.. With launch dates for Verizon.. I have heard that the Inc was announced and sold same day? D2 showed up in market and went on salle 48 hrs later? Whats the story? Have they been known to launch a big device out of the blue? I know BMX was saying something along the lines of sneaky, but with this being first 4G I am not feeling to good on this week.. of course that could change. I would normally have said they will launch the same day as the Ipad2 announcement to counter Apple, but we all know that the Apple bed has gotten more crowded with Verizon jumping in..

electric6

Reaction score
Hoookbill you are right.. 2.1 is what comes to mind when I keep coming back to this thread.. On topic.. Verizon manager that was suposed to have my TB yesterady surprisingly is not answering the phone or calling back.. well not surprised.. :) Got my D1 replacement from fed ex yesterday.. Thought that would hold me over.. Forgot how easy it was to root and just flash my old setup.. Now I am bored and looking for the TB again.. Someone please fill me in.. With launch dates for Verizon.. I have heard that the Inc was announced and sold same day? D2 showed up in market and went on salle 48 hrs later? Whats the story? Have they been known to launch a big device out of the blue? I know BMX was saying something along the lines of sneaky, but with this being first 4G I am not feeling to good on this week.. of course that could change. I would normally have said they will launch the same day as the Ipad2 announcement to counter Apple, but we all know that the Apple bed has gotten more crowded with Verizon jumping in..

I spoke to my local vzw rep the other day. He said the that is a major misconception. Not trying to get off topic here, but in relation to the TB's release, he mentioned that while you would think that most people would prefer iOS over android, he has seen at least half of those play with the iphone for a few minutes and say something along the lines of "that it?! I was expecting alot more than this." and then buy a droid x or whatever. Just thought I would mention that.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I can't state this as a fact but I believe that the initial cities on the list for receiving LTE will be only within the city. So if you work or live in a suburb, you might as well wait. It's coming but not that soon.

I live in a suburb of an LTE city and the map of my area where I live, work and play is a nice deep dark 4G/LTE red.

I rooted my D1 mainly to use as a wireless hotspot although it's way less than perfect. I can't wait to get my hands on the T-Bolt for 4G hotspot and simultaneous voice use.

My work and play areas are also 4G/LTE on the map but the dark red ends maybe three miles east of my house (west of Chicago). Does anyone have a clue if that 3g/4g line might be moving west "any day in the near future" or if my house isn't 4g today, don't hold my breath waiting?

cnmsales

Reaction score
I wouldnt hold my breath waiting. They have there upgrade scheduel and im sure thats exactly how they will roll it out.

srames

Reaction score
Verizon just updated their facebook with a link to their insurance offer. The Thunderbolt shows up as an option in the list...its good to see it showing up in more places! (although i wouldn't buy the insurance)

here's the link they gave:
Total Equipment Coverage Enrollment

Status
Not open for further replies.