New User with 2 ?

night_train44

Reaction score
Hi i'm new here. just upgraded my flip phone to a incredible 2. i have a couple quick questions and your expertise is greatly appreciated!

1) how do i stop it from vibrating every time i type on the keyboard? I have all the vibrations off except for this last one, which i don't need and fear wastes battery. when i'm texting, etc, it does a little vibrate every time i touch a letter. how do i turn it off? can't figure it out.

2) is there a way to make my txt keyboard T9 but keep the qwerty keyboard for all the other applications (such as internet, etc)? Also on the T9 keyboard, is there a way to make it so the default entry mode is T9 entry instead of ABC entry when i go to txt? I can set it to T9 keyboard, but then its T9 for everything, and also defaults to ABC mode on the T9 instead of T9 first. On my flip phone i could easily make T9 entry default.

Overall i think i'm in over my head. I loved my flip phone for its simplicity, size, reliability, and relative durability. i might have to return my droid it just seems like its way more than i will ever need :( as background i'm a young professional, so its not like i'm dumb but i am kind of simple minded.

pointyhairedboss

Reaction score
Try this for your first question. Go to menu>settings>language & keyboard>touch input>text input, then uncheck the vibrate when typing option.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

anguish

Reaction score
It takes a little adjusting. Most people I know take a little time to get into full gear with their smartphones, but once they do, they swear they won't go back.

That said, I would search the Market for a T9 keyboard. There should be one, but I don't know if it will fulfill what you want.

Good luck!