T9 Word for DROID X

F14Ferrari

Reaction score
Hello, all. I just got my DROID X last week and while I love it, I'm still getting used to it. This is my first experience with a smartphone. I'm enjoying the Swype feature, but to be honest -and I know I'm going to rustle a lot of feathers here- I really miss my T9 Word! I was so fast with that! And I could text with one hand, can't do that as easy right now even with Swype. It's not for while I drive, one shouldn't do that, but sometimes when I'm walking I'll text, or having a cold beverage and I don't want to put the drink down, and plenty of other times. I think it's just easier to text one handed, therefore I miss my T9 Word, therefore the reason for this thread- does anyone know a) if there are any good apps that have good usage of T9 Word? or 2) if the new Froyo update will enable T9 on the X's keyboard? Thanks so much!!!

P.S. I know, I know, I said a) then 2). Bonus points for what movie I got that from...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
They have keyboards you can download that have t9

tmoney2007

Reaction score
Froyo won't have T9. It is hard to type without looking on a touch screen phone, but you can do swype pretty effectively with one hand. Give it a chance and you'll get used to it.

Your other choice would be one of the many keyboards available on the app market.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I have gotten pretty good at one handing the swype after making myself use it for the past two days.