New Update to ADW Launcher!!

rjax

Reaction score
I just tried to switchapk to ADW to see the new update, but it looks I still get the older version? Does Sapphire have to update to a new release to allow fetching the new ADW via scriptybox, or is this something that can happen behind the scenes with the current Sapphire release?

OZFive

Reaction score
I have been using Launcher Pro for a while but have become frustrated at it's memory use, the sluggishness at times and, it's constant redraws. I have gotten the settings pretty well set up but kept running into issues right at the wrong times (like when someone is watching you do something and it takes 5 seconds to redraw the screen).

Later on when I upgrade to a phone that has better specs I will for sure check it out again, but for now I am going to try out ADW (just installed this morning and set it up so that I am not missing any functionality I got with LP).

We will see how this runs for me compared to LP.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just tried to switchapk to ADW to see the new update, but it looks I still get the older version? Does Sapphire have to update to a new release to allow fetching the new ADW via scriptybox, or is this something that can happen behind the scenes with the current Sapphire release?

switchapk will download the file that was built at the time of Sapphire 1.0 release, which is ADW 1.0.1. Best options are to download the market version, or to just hang tight until the next Sapphire release.

There used to be system versions that someone would compile, but currently they're only being offered for the latest eclair versions of CyanogenMod.

brochaos

Reaction score
so far adw seems pretty comparable. it's been a while since i've used it. memory use might be a smidge better. not really a fan of the themes though. liked how i could pick and choose icons and backgrounds on lp.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so I made my First theme for ADW its for incognito! ill post it up in that thread!

kevdog

Reaction score
Are there advatages to system versions? I always hated when you had a system version installed, and then ADW would update, and either you had to download the stand alone or be stuck with the old system version. I guess I like cutting edge so I preferred the stand-a-lone version, but I have no idea about memory management between the two!!

brochaos

Reaction score
shouldn't be...at least not that i've ever heard. just one runs in /system/app and the other runs in /data/app