Remove ADW Launcher?

ldougherty

Reaction score
Is there any way to remove ADW Launcher from CM6? I am using Launcher Pro and I have an app called Visual Task Switcher which when it kills apps for whatever reason defaults back to ADW rather than Launcher Pro.

I figure if I could remove ADW then Launcher Pro would work by default?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root Explorer/System/App/ADW Launcher/Delete or just rename it to .bak

loudaccord

Reaction score
Figure I'll post here... but since ADW came as the launcher, a new version is on the market, how do I update that? If I install it from the market, will it just install over my current version?

it doesn't say "update" in the market, just "install"

Thanks!

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Figure I'll post here... but since ADW came as the launcher, a new version is on the market, how do I update that? If I install it from the market, will it just install over my current version?

it doesn't say "update" in the market, just "install"

The ADW that installs with CM is different than the ADW that installs from the market in a few different way (where the settings are located, for example). The namespace for the CM copy is com.android.launcher, and I think the one from the market is something like org.adw. You can install the version from the market without overriding the one that is built into CM. When you hit home it will ask you to pick which version you want and you can set either one as default.

I installed the new one, and it's pretty awesome. I'm loving the ability to make custom shortcuts to app groups.

ALSO - later versions of the CM nightlies are including the updated copy of ADW, so if you use one of those or upgrade to 6.1 when it comes out, you'll get the newest version