New to the Forum

icefalkon

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ice from NYC here. Been on the forum for a few days now reading and doing my homework. Just wanted to say that you guys are great here! I just finished updating my Droid X to Froyo following all the tips and instructions here and it went without a problem!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

i also have 2.2 on my DX and its snappier than ever. any question just ask :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad that you were able to use information provided on the forum. I've had lots of fun and find the community very friendly and willing to share information.

Enjoy your stay.

Mike

OP
I

icefalkon

Reaction score
Thanks guys! So far the only issue I have is that my win7/64 machine isn't recognizing the device now. It says 810 device driver not installed...any ideas?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use a Mac so I'm not the best to advise.
Let me see if I can get another member who is better versed to assist you.
Did you install the correct set of drivers?

Mike

OP
I

icefalkon

Reaction score
Thanks Abe, I now have it charging when hooked up to the USB, but it's not showing up in My Computer any longer like it did before updating to 2.2...? Also weirdly, my SU is no longer effective. It's saying that there's a problem...I had androot I think installed, but now it's not there? Will I be able to follow a giude and re-root the device?

Ice

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you put 2.2 on it? ive seen some people using the Droid2 rooting method on the DX

and you have to change from charge only to usb mass storage to see it

OP
I

icefalkon

Reaction score
Yes, I got it working that way. So...we don't use PC mode anymore?

OP
I

icefalkon

Reaction score
My problem is this, say when I try to use the One Click Root program....it says it cannot find the droid phone...

Prior to upgrading it I was rooted using the program, but after upgrading...that went away...I no longer had SU permissions. Now, since putting on 2.2, I've tried motorola's 6.0 driver as well as the 6.5 driver and it still gives me an error in Windows Device Manager saying driver not installed for Motorola 810 Device. I tried putting on those ADB Drivers, and now I have an exclamation point saying: Motorola ADB Interface...No Driver Installed. Trying to put any of the ADB drivers on isn't working...I'm at a loss as to what to do :(

Ice

Edit: When I connect under PC Interface I now have an ADB Interface in Device Manager. When I expand it, it says: Android Sooner Composite Interface. Is that correct?

Last edited:
OP
I

icefalkon

Reaction score
Update:

I uninstalled the Motorola RSD Lite and bam everything fell into place. I see th unit in My Computer again, however, I'm still not rooted...?

Ice