New to Rezound...Dumped my Bionic

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I could not deal with my Bionic's constant data drops and finally convinced VZW to swap me out for a Rezound. I'm brand new to Sense so I'm looking for any tips or tricks. I'm hoping some of you have also made the Bionic to Rezound switch and can lend me some "things I wish I'd known then that I know now" advice. In addition to anything else people are willing to share, I'd love to know if it is possible to change the "Phone" "personalize" and "apps" buttons ont he bottom and swap them out for permanent apps and actions I prefer.

Thanks in advance...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Did the data drops go away?

OP
B

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Did the data drops go away?

So far so good. The Bionic is a disaster. I bought it September 2011. Moto and VZW denied the issue and then claimed for 3 months the fix was coming. Recent release didn't fix it. Problem with transition between 4g and 3g that results in total data drop. Even if you left it on 3g only, data would just fall away. And this was in DC, NY, Chicago and SF...not places where VZW is lacking in signal. It was like playing a slot machine. I'm thinking VZW must be in damage control mode since they are offering the Rezound...that's a change in policy.

But enough Bionic whining, I'm free of that noise. First impression is that the Rezound actually feels better in my hand. The combination of beveled edges and and narrower width just feels better. But I was used to the Moto skin, and their widgets are actually pretty good. In fact, I am really missing the Moto contacts widget. It was one row X 4 columns and could pull down to cover the entire screen. Not loving the HTC people widgets quite yet.

Hiball

Reaction score
I too jumped ship from the Bionic to the Rezound. You will be very satisfied with the Rezound. I had a hard time trying to manoeuvre around in the settings of the phone because it way different than Motorola Blur.

Sent from my Rezound.

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Made the jump about a week ago. Sense is a lot more flashy... But it's also more refined and integrated than blur. I still miss blur, only because I knew it so well. I imagine its just a matter of time to get acclimated

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

johnzenobia

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying the rezound but was reluctant because I had the Razr and the data connection was a complete failure. I had to fight with Verizon over the $35.00 restock fee . Why do I have to pay a fee because the phone doesnt work right. So if anyone can confirm the rezound doesnt do a complete data loss would be appreciated.

OP
B

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I have not seen the complete data drop issue present itself with my Rezound, and I didn't go an entire day without the data dropping on my Bionic.

lvclubkid

Reaction score
I was thinking of switching myself. But since the update and once Verizon got their nework running decent I have had zero data drops. Bionic zooming along. Forever rooted running stock blur. Its close to the phone it should have been at launch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

johnzenobia

Reaction score
I was a big moto fan but after the bull with that razr I will probably jump to htc . glad to hear that the rezound is running well without data dropping.

azbrendan

Reaction score
I feel your pain! I had the Bionic since week one in september. I was a huge moto fan and had to live with the horrible data issues till two weeks ago. I went through 3 Bionics and all could not hold data for more than ten min and then you were lucky to get it back without a battery pull.

Been on the Rezound for 2 weeks now and absolutely love the phone. It is not as manly as the Bionic lol but who cares cause now my phone works 100% you will get used to Sense, its actually has some great features all phones should have. Beats is a great feature as well but i recommend an after market equalizer to tune it to the music you listen to. The camera kills the Bionic as well its the fastest shutter i have seen on am android yet. Its really sad that the Rezound didnt get any support in advertising that the other Verizon phones have gotten but i have read so many posts about people jumping ship to get this phone so you made the right choice!

billcows

Reaction score
I am jumping ship also my resound should be her tomorrow. On my third Bionic.

johnzenobia

Reaction score
motorola and verizon should be ashamed of themselves for releasing devices that are not working properly. I wish there was a better cell carrier in my are because I would move on.

sr.torres22

Reaction score
I have been contemplating about get a Rezound as well. The only question i have is...does the Rezound have the HDMI/mirror from the Bionic or is that Motorola only???

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I to am a victim of the Bionic. I got the Rezound about a month ago as a replacement and have not had a data drop since.

I also am looking for tips and tweeks for the Resound. Battery drain is my biggest concern. I have an extended battery but still cannot make it through an entire day. Battery life seems to be better since the most recent update.

Does bloatware suck up a lot of battery? I have not tried rooting the Rezound but want to try it especially if it helps battery life (maybe I'll practice on the Bionic first :)).

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
B

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Anyone of you in the "VZW replaces Bionic with Rezound" club get VZW to supply the Beats headset? I received only the Refurb phone with a battery back, and then another box with the battery and (inexplicably) another battery back.