New to razr some questions

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I just got the razr and love it. A few signal issues but will work out the kinks. Also when will we get jellybean? How can I get the circles widget and what is the best rom?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I just got the razr and love it. A few signal issues but will work out the kinks. Also when will we get jellybean? How can I get the circles widget and what is the best rom?
We should get Jelly Bean sometime between Jan and Mar 2013 if all goes well, that is the latest schedule released by Verizon. I think you can download circle widgets from the Play Store. As far as the best ROM, that is a matter of personal opinion. I recommend you go to the home page of this forum and look under the ROM sub forum, you'll find a lot of information there. Another site that has a lot of information about ROMs for the Razr is Droidrzr.com. Keep in mind you must be rooted and have something like safestrap or bootstrap installed to flash a custom ROM. Most ROMs these days require safestrap.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
ok. Is there a special radio I need to get lte? Just curious because the guy at best buy used *228 to activate my phone which I thought messed up 4g somehow.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
ok. Is there a special radio I need to get lte? Just curious because the guy at best buy used *228 to activate my phone which I thought messed up 4g somehow.

The guy at best buy didn't activate a sim card for you?

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Dunno. he was having problems so called *228 and said it was working but didn't have 4g. He restarted it and it had 4g. I really don't know what he did. I don't think he knew what he did.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yea 4g shouldn't be activated through *228... Run a speed test (free on gplay) and see what your speeds are...

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Yea was at a state championship football game saturday in the middle of a 4g city and only got 3g. I don't know why the guy called *228? I got a replacement for my fiance's phone and there are detailed instructions to call an 800 number to activate the sim card. Should I call and request a new sim card?
also will android beam work with the phone?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
Yea was at a state championship football game saturday in the middle of a 4g city and only got 3g. I don't know why the guy called *228? I got a replacement for my fiance's phone and there are detailed instructions to call an 800 number to activate the sim card. Should I call and request a new sim card?
also will android beam work with the phone?

If you're in the middle of a high occupancy situation 4g will suck. When we have a nascar race at&t, verizon etc. Brings out portable antennas to enhance the coverage at the event. Any broadband service is limited to the amount of traffic it can withstand.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I don't know if this matters but it was only like 7 or 8,000 people. The stadium only holds 12,000.
Also is there nfc or android beam for the razr?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
I don't know if this matters but it was only like 7 or 8,000 people. The stadium only holds 12,000.
Also is there nfc or android beam for the razr?

No nfc or beam on razr or razr maxx. The new razr models have it

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
so even when we get jellybean no beam? Do I need a new sim card?