New System app called Absolute System. In need of testers

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by canvs2321, Jul 13, 2010.

1. jayman350

jayman350 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm up and running again with the same apk that I was using yesterday (version 0.1). I no longer have the issue with connecting to 3g. I have no idea what happened with this but its working fine now.

I noticed while attempting to use the App Management to remove programs that when browsing under /system/app/ when you press on an app to remove it it doesn't always come up with the correct name. For example, I just went to remove Soundback and it comes up with "Remove Contacts?" Pressing Contacts brings up "Remove Chrome to Phone".

system/app was the only folder that did this for me. There were a couple of items at the top of the list that had their correct names associated with removal. I didn't actually remove anything b/c of the naming issues.

2. tehstevo

tehstevo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) Ya I have the Droid X theme with Purple Passion overlayed on top...so I'm sure I have different fonts haha.

2) No, the built-in app manager cannot uninstall it. Come to think of it, I haven't come across an app manager that can. Most just use a script to move/delete the .apk out of the /system/app folder. It didn't FC, just said "failed".

3) Sorry I wasn't clear on that, when I said "market app" I meant a 3rd party app from the market. The regular manager can remove this but it did not uninstall using your app, it FCed.

3. ucannvrhav2mchpi

ucannvrhav2mchpi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you ever need anymore testers i'd be happy to give it a shot

4. listenman20

listenman20 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i would think most ppl can handle copy/pasting to sdcard. but i would think it'd be best if downloaded and installed direct from the app. that way ppl ain't gotta go looking all over the web for a goodies folder. it'd be kinda like titanium's "problems" box. titanium installs busybox. yours would install the goodies folder. might wanna give a warning on the size tho considering it would take much longer on 3g than wifi. i haven't tested yuor new app but i'm assuming it's something similar to the kangerades script included in jrummy's roms. i would definitely think it would earn it's own spot in rom manager, but if you're gonna do this in market it would be best if it was standalone just like rom manager.

5. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Trying out UD Froyo Extreme 3.5 and discovered that Absolute wont launch in it. Tap the icon, the screen goes black and the bar across the top says "Absolute System" and then it more or less crashes to desktop. No error or FC or anything.

6. kaiya215

kaiya215 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I get access to this beta? It says mediafire download set to private?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh yes I was running it from the first download. Sorry :)

8. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +79
    you de man

great work again. was helping somone install a boot ani the other night could not download root explorer(country thing) and apparently saphire doesnt have god mode so had to go through terminal commands this is so much easier.

love the new gui.
    the first time i went to download new boots it forced closed but none from 2nd attempt on.

if you need help developing this..........well dont ask me i dont know anything :) But will continue to test them for you. great work!

canvs2321 #1 fan , Can i get a t-shirt :)

9. mad3963

mad3963 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to test as soon as able. Thanks.

10. listenman20

Ratings:
    +0
    It looks great. I think I already had ads blocked and when I hit block ads in this app it FC'ed. That's as far as I got this round. I'd like to k ow more about your backup and restore apps. Will it eventually be more like chevyno1's scripts, where it basically removes the need for titanium backup? The app says it doesn't do system apps?

11. listenman20

Ratings:
    +0
    i know you're still working on the goodies downloads folders but when i hit manage individual goodies it FC'ed the 1st time...went right back in and it went right to it. don't know if this is a reaction to having the goodies folder already on my card or not setting up the goodies folder b4 hitting that button or what.

it'd be nice to see a preview of boot animations and LWP some of the file names don't aptly describe what they are. maybe a link to the BA site where most of them are.

12. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +79
    looking good

canv Looking good

only thing is the white writing under goodies is running over to under next catagorie. I see its not in your screen post but is on my droid.

Sorry havent figured out the screen cap thing yet.

Search tags for this page
absolute sustems ice torrent

absolute system .apk

absolute systems ice torrent
free new absolute system.apk
metacert apk